Comedians: Show us the ‘Money'
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits 10 pairs of weight watchers against one other.
Their desire for food is only matched by their passion for deliciously cold, hard cash.
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits weight watching two person teams against one other. Their mission: to shed pounds.
The twist is the grand prize is coming out of the contestants' own pockets; the show had a $10,000 entry fee. The duo who loses the most gets the whole enchilada: $100,000.
Johnny Trabanco and Yamil Piedra -- sketch comedians who call themselves ‘‘A Pair Of Nuts'' -- are in it to win it.
Nutscomedy.com gives you an idea of their act. One clip features Piedra, 32, entering a restaurant; the waiter, played by Trabanco, thinks his name is ‘‘e-mail."
‘‘We're off the wall. Nonsense, everyday stuff," says Trabanco, 30.
The two met as frat brothers at FIU. Their humor is inspired by Saturday Night Live and In Living Color with a dash of old-school.
"We're like Laurel & Hardy a little bit," says Trabanco. "I'm the short, Danny DeVito looking one."
Did the guys lose weight? Yes, but they can't disclose how much.
Piedra, 32, looks pretty slim, but don't let that fool you: "People come down on hard on me for being on the show," he says, "but we all have our own weight issues. I used to be 325 pounds."
On Our Radar
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub