Comedians: Show us the ‘Money'
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits 10 pairs of weight watchers against one other.
Their desire for food is only matched by their passion for deliciously cold, hard cash.
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits weight watching two person teams against one other. Their mission: to shed pounds.
The twist is the grand prize is coming out of the contestants' own pockets; the show had a $10,000 entry fee. The duo who loses the most gets the whole enchilada: $100,000.
Johnny Trabanco and Yamil Piedra -- sketch comedians who call themselves ‘‘A Pair Of Nuts'' -- are in it to win it.
Nutscomedy.com gives you an idea of their act. One clip features Piedra, 32, entering a restaurant; the waiter, played by Trabanco, thinks his name is ‘‘e-mail."
‘‘We're off the wall. Nonsense, everyday stuff," says Trabanco, 30.
The two met as frat brothers at FIU. Their humor is inspired by Saturday Night Live and In Living Color with a dash of old-school.
"We're like Laurel & Hardy a little bit," says Trabanco. "I'm the short, Danny DeVito looking one."
Did the guys lose weight? Yes, but they can't disclose how much.
Piedra, 32, looks pretty slim, but don't let that fool you: "People come down on hard on me for being on the show," he says, "but we all have our own weight issues. I used to be 325 pounds."
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails