Comedians: Show us the ‘Money'
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits 10 pairs of weight watchers against one other.
Their desire for food is only matched by their passion for deliciously cold, hard cash.
VH1's new show Money Hungry (9 p.m. Mondays) pits weight watching two person teams against one other. Their mission: to shed pounds.
The twist is the grand prize is coming out of the contestants' own pockets; the show had a $10,000 entry fee. The duo who loses the most gets the whole enchilada: $100,000.
Johnny Trabanco and Yamil Piedra -- sketch comedians who call themselves ‘‘A Pair Of Nuts'' -- are in it to win it.
Nutscomedy.com gives you an idea of their act. One clip features Piedra, 32, entering a restaurant; the waiter, played by Trabanco, thinks his name is ‘‘e-mail."
‘‘We're off the wall. Nonsense, everyday stuff," says Trabanco, 30.
The two met as frat brothers at FIU. Their humor is inspired by Saturday Night Live and In Living Color with a dash of old-school.
"We're like Laurel & Hardy a little bit," says Trabanco. "I'm the short, Danny DeVito looking one."
Did the guys lose weight? Yes, but they can't disclose how much.
Piedra, 32, looks pretty slim, but don't let that fool you: "People come down on hard on me for being on the show," he says, "but we all have our own weight issues. I used to be 325 pounds."
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex