Come Howl at the Moon
Howl at the Moon at this pet-friendly fundraiser at the Fountain Plaza in the Shops at Midtown Miami this Saturday, Oct. 10.
3401 N. Miami Avenue #132
Come Howl at the Moon for a good cause this Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Shops at Midtown Miami. Well, you don't have to howl - but your pets certainly can in the howling contest.
The event, which starts at 6 p.m., is to raise funds for the Humane Society of Greater Miami. There will be different contests, including a pet and owner look alike competition and an obedience challenge.
"It's more of a fun, casual, really complimentary event. If you get the urge to donate, that's great," said Lenor Ryan, the General Manager at the Shops at Midtown.
The event is free - it's only $10 if you choose to valet - and there will be food, drinks, and entertainment on site. If you want to donate, you can drop any change you have into the four-foot tall clear tubes that will be set up.
There will also be a photo exhibit. The World at Night is a worldwide exhibition of photographs featuring international landmarks set to celestial backgrounds and runs through Oct. 18.
See and Do
- House of Horror curdles with more frights
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday