Come Howl at the Moon
Howl at the Moon at this pet-friendly fundraiser at the Fountain Plaza in the Shops at Midtown Miami this Saturday, Oct. 10.
Come Howl at the Moon for a good cause this Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Shops at Midtown Miami. Well, you don't have to howl - but your pets certainly can in the howling contest.
The event, which starts at 6 p.m., is to raise funds for the Humane Society of Greater Miami. There will be different contests, including a pet and owner look alike competition and an obedience challenge.
"It's more of a fun, casual, really complimentary event. If you get the urge to donate, that's great," said Lenor Ryan, the General Manager at the Shops at Midtown.
The event is free - it's only $10 if you choose to valet - and there will be food, drinks, and entertainment on site. If you want to donate, you can drop any change you have into the four-foot tall clear tubes that will be set up.
There will also be a photo exhibit. The World at Night is a worldwide exhibition of photographs featuring international landmarks set to celestial backgrounds and runs through Oct. 18.
3401 N. Miami Avenue #132
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so