Come Howl at the Moon
Howl at the Moon at this pet-friendly fundraiser at the Fountain Plaza in the Shops at Midtown Miami this Saturday, Oct. 10.
3401 N. Miami Avenue #132
Come Howl at the Moon for a good cause this Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Shops at Midtown Miami. Well, you don't have to howl - but your pets certainly can in the howling contest.
The event, which starts at 6 p.m., is to raise funds for the Humane Society of Greater Miami. There will be different contests, including a pet and owner look alike competition and an obedience challenge.
"It's more of a fun, casual, really complimentary event. If you get the urge to donate, that's great," said Lenor Ryan, the General Manager at the Shops at Midtown.
The event is free - it's only $10 if you choose to valet - and there will be food, drinks, and entertainment on site. If you want to donate, you can drop any change you have into the four-foot tall clear tubes that will be set up.
There will also be a photo exhibit. The World at Night is a worldwide exhibition of photographs featuring international landmarks set to celestial backgrounds and runs through Oct. 18.
See and Do
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation