Come Howl at the Moon
Howl at the Moon at this pet-friendly fundraiser at the Fountain Plaza in the Shops at Midtown Miami this Saturday, Oct. 10.
3401 N. Miami Avenue #132
Come Howl at the Moon for a good cause this Saturday, Oct. 10, at the Shops at Midtown Miami. Well, you don't have to howl - but your pets certainly can in the howling contest.
The event, which starts at 6 p.m., is to raise funds for the Humane Society of Greater Miami. There will be different contests, including a pet and owner look alike competition and an obedience challenge.
"It's more of a fun, casual, really complimentary event. If you get the urge to donate, that's great," said Lenor Ryan, the General Manager at the Shops at Midtown.
The event is free - it's only $10 if you choose to valet - and there will be food, drinks, and entertainment on site. If you want to donate, you can drop any change you have into the four-foot tall clear tubes that will be set up.
There will also be a photo exhibit. The World at Night is a worldwide exhibition of photographs featuring international landmarks set to celestial backgrounds and runs through Oct. 18.
See and Do
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’