Colors of the Caribbean celebrates the music, food and culture of the islands
Get a taste of the islands at the annual Colors of the Caribbean festival taking place this Saturday at ArtsPark at Young Circle.
Colors of the Caribbean
4-11 p.m. Saturday, June 14
ArtsPark at Young Circle, 1 N. Young Circle, Hollywood
Colors of the Caribbean is a free family event that takes place annual over Father's Day weekend to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month. The event brings live entertainment from the Caribbean with acts from Haiti, Virgin Islands, Trinidad, St. Vincent and Bahamas plus there are special children's activities from 4-8 p.m. hosted by the YMCA of Broward County and the Children's Services Council of Broward County.
Kids activities include arts & crafts, sports, gymnastics, diva camp, physical activities, animals of the Caribbean and fun films.
The roster of live acts includes "old school" roots fusion band Midnite (US Virgin Islands), Jamaican crooner Wayne Wonder, plus Harmonik (Haiti), Lauderhill Steel Ensemble (Trinidad & Togabo), RSPK (Trinidad & Tobago), Jahnathan Nerette (Haiti), Voodoo Possom (USA), Moki Jumbies (Bahamas) and Junkanoo (Bahamas).
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season