Colors of the Caribbean celebrates the music, food and culture of the islands
Get a taste of the islands at the annual Colors of the Caribbean festival taking place this Saturday at ArtsPark at Young Circle.
Colors of the Caribbean
4-11 p.m. Saturday, June 14
ArtsPark at Young Circle, 1 N. Young Circle, Hollywood
Colors of the Caribbean is a free family event that takes place annual over Father's Day weekend to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month. The event brings live entertainment from the Caribbean with acts from Haiti, Virgin Islands, Trinidad, St. Vincent and Bahamas plus there are special children's activities from 4-8 p.m. hosted by the YMCA of Broward County and the Children's Services Council of Broward County.
Kids activities include arts & crafts, sports, gymnastics, diva camp, physical activities, animals of the Caribbean and fun films.
The roster of live acts includes "old school" roots fusion band Midnite (US Virgin Islands), Jamaican crooner Wayne Wonder, plus Harmonik (Haiti), Lauderhill Steel Ensemble (Trinidad & Togabo), RSPK (Trinidad & Tobago), Jahnathan Nerette (Haiti), Voodoo Possom (USA), Moki Jumbies (Bahamas) and Junkanoo (Bahamas).
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Coral Gables Art Cinema hosts Miami International Children’s Film Festival
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo