Colors of the Caribbean celebrates the music, food and culture of the islands
Get a taste of the islands at the annual Colors of the Caribbean festival taking place this Saturday at ArtsPark at Young Circle.
Colors of the Caribbean
4-11 p.m. Saturday, June 14
ArtsPark at Young Circle, 1 N. Young Circle, Hollywood
Colors of the Caribbean is a free family event that takes place annual over Father's Day weekend to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month. The event brings live entertainment from the Caribbean with acts from Haiti, Virgin Islands, Trinidad, St. Vincent and Bahamas plus there are special children's activities from 4-8 p.m. hosted by the YMCA of Broward County and the Children's Services Council of Broward County.
Kids activities include arts & crafts, sports, gymnastics, diva camp, physical activities, animals of the Caribbean and fun films.
The roster of live acts includes "old school" roots fusion band Midnite (US Virgin Islands), Jamaican crooner Wayne Wonder, plus Harmonik (Haiti), Lauderhill Steel Ensemble (Trinidad & Togabo), RSPK (Trinidad & Tobago), Jahnathan Nerette (Haiti), Voodoo Possom (USA), Moki Jumbies (Bahamas) and Junkanoo (Bahamas).
See and Do
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie
- Magic City Casino's Ultimate Miami challenge returns with comedy, drag queens, cocktails and more