Colors of the Caribbean celebrates the music, food and culture of the islands
Get a taste of the islands at the annual Colors of the Caribbean festival taking place this Saturday at ArtsPark at Young Circle.
Colors of the Caribbean
4-11 p.m. Saturday, June 14
ArtsPark at Young Circle, 1 N. Young Circle, Hollywood
Colors of the Caribbean is a free family event that takes place annual over Father's Day weekend to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month. The event brings live entertainment from the Caribbean with acts from Haiti, Virgin Islands, Trinidad, St. Vincent and Bahamas plus there are special children's activities from 4-8 p.m. hosted by the YMCA of Broward County and the Children's Services Council of Broward County.
Kids activities include arts & crafts, sports, gymnastics, diva camp, physical activities, animals of the Caribbean and fun films.
The roster of live acts includes "old school" roots fusion band Midnite (US Virgin Islands), Jamaican crooner Wayne Wonder, plus Harmonik (Haiti), Lauderhill Steel Ensemble (Trinidad & Togabo), RSPK (Trinidad & Tobago), Jahnathan Nerette (Haiti), Voodoo Possom (USA), Moki Jumbies (Bahamas) and Junkanoo (Bahamas).
See and Do
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration