Colors of the Caribbean celebrates the music, food and culture of the islands
Get a taste of the islands at the annual Colors of the Caribbean festival taking place this Saturday at ArtsPark at Young Circle.
Colors of the Caribbean
4-11 p.m. Saturday, June 14
ArtsPark at Young Circle, 1 N. Young Circle, Hollywood
Colors of the Caribbean is a free family event that takes place annual over Father's Day weekend to celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month. The event brings live entertainment from the Caribbean with acts from Haiti, Virgin Islands, Trinidad, St. Vincent and Bahamas plus there are special children's activities from 4-8 p.m. hosted by the YMCA of Broward County and the Children's Services Council of Broward County.
Kids activities include arts & crafts, sports, gymnastics, diva camp, physical activities, animals of the Caribbean and fun films.
The roster of live acts includes "old school" roots fusion band Midnite (US Virgin Islands), Jamaican crooner Wayne Wonder, plus Harmonik (Haiti), Lauderhill Steel Ensemble (Trinidad & Togabo), RSPK (Trinidad & Tobago), Jahnathan Nerette (Haiti), Voodoo Possom (USA), Moki Jumbies (Bahamas) and Junkanoo (Bahamas).
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17