Color Mob makes fitness less drab
Color Mob is a 5k that turns racers into human canvases.
What could be more fun than running a 5k in the middle of the August?
Let’s rephrase that. What could make running a 5k in the middle of August more fun?
Try running while choking on clouds of colored powder that will stick to your skin and clothes, turning you into a human tie dye.
That’s what you get when you join the Color Mob this Saturday at Oleta River State Park (3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach). Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and waves of runners will head out every 5 minutes between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., each runner sporting their own zany outfit or a blank canvas of white clothes ready to be doused in color. The event is all about fun and exercise, but there will be a beer garden to unwind after the day’s run plus food and music and general relaxation. Register early at cmmiami2013.eventbrite.com for $50, kids under 7 are free.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach
$40, kids under 7 free
See and Do
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?
- 13 “Only in Miami” Men You Find on Tinder
- Sex appeal & humor soar in Faena's 'C'est Rouge!' Cabaret