Color Mob makes fitness less drab
Color Mob is a 5k that turns racers into human canvases.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach
$40, kids under 7 free
What could be more fun than running a 5k in the middle of the August?
Let’s rephrase that. What could make running a 5k in the middle of August more fun?
Try running while choking on clouds of colored powder that will stick to your skin and clothes, turning you into a human tie dye.
That’s what you get when you join the Color Mob this Saturday at Oleta River State Park (3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach). Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and waves of runners will head out every 5 minutes between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., each runner sporting their own zany outfit or a blank canvas of white clothes ready to be doused in color. The event is all about fun and exercise, but there will be a beer garden to unwind after the day’s run plus food and music and general relaxation. Register early at cmmiami2013.eventbrite.com for $50, kids under 7 are free.
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15