Color Mob makes fitness less drab
Color Mob is a 5k that turns racers into human canvases.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach
$40, kids under 7 free
What could be more fun than running a 5k in the middle of the August?
Let’s rephrase that. What could make running a 5k in the middle of August more fun?
Try running while choking on clouds of colored powder that will stick to your skin and clothes, turning you into a human tie dye.
That’s what you get when you join the Color Mob this Saturday at Oleta River State Park (3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach). Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and waves of runners will head out every 5 minutes between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., each runner sporting their own zany outfit or a blank canvas of white clothes ready to be doused in color. The event is all about fun and exercise, but there will be a beer garden to unwind after the day’s run plus food and music and general relaxation. Register early at cmmiami2013.eventbrite.com for $50, kids under 7 are free.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida