Color Mob makes fitness less drab
Color Mob is a 5k that turns racers into human canvases.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach
$40, kids under 7 free
What could be more fun than running a 5k in the middle of the August?
Let’s rephrase that. What could make running a 5k in the middle of August more fun?
Try running while choking on clouds of colored powder that will stick to your skin and clothes, turning you into a human tie dye.
That’s what you get when you join the Color Mob this Saturday at Oleta River State Park (3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach). Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and waves of runners will head out every 5 minutes between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., each runner sporting their own zany outfit or a blank canvas of white clothes ready to be doused in color. The event is all about fun and exercise, but there will be a beer garden to unwind after the day’s run plus food and music and general relaxation. Register early at cmmiami2013.eventbrite.com for $50, kids under 7 are free.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie