Colette brings a Parisian vibe to the Western end of Miami Beach's Lincoln Road
A sexy French bistro on Lincoln Road that won’t break the bank
1223 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach
The who: Chef Frederick Bouldron (Tosca, Villa Mayfair) and French restaurateur Francis Pittilloni aim to create a Parisian vibe with this cozy bistro on the western end of Lincoln Road. There’s also a bit of nightlife cachet here as the folks behind Opium Group are also investors in this venture.
The scene: South Beach locals tucking classic French dishes like steak frites along with reasonably priced wines by the glass (most are $8-$10). The simple decor is classic French bistro with lots of warm lighting, wood wine racks and tables covered in butcher paper. The atmosphere is unpretentious, and there’s plenty of sidewalk seating on Lincoln Road to take advantage of the cooler weather.
The dishes: Bistro staples. The chef worked at Michelin-starred spots in France so you're in good hands with the food. Prices are neighborhood-friendly with starters $7-$14 and mains $18-$29. In addition to classics like French onion soup, salmon tartar and grilled chicken paillard there are thin-crust pizzas including the namesake pie, topped with goat cheese and honey.
The bottom line: Come for the classic French dishes, stay for the cozy, date-friendly vibe.
- Eating House branches out with Taperia Raca in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Michelin-starred chef Danny Grant helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery
- Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi
- Executive chef Mark Rivera (Tatu) helms Bao, Fort Lauderdale’s latest Asian eatery
- Buns & Buns serves up bread-based dishes with gastropub leanings in South Miami
- The Prime112 team unveils seafood-centric Prime Fish on South Beach
- Take a "First Look" at 15 Steps: Farm-to-table eats at the Eden Roc
- Chef-owner Rocco Carulli brings R House, a lounge-gallery-restaurant, to Wynwood
- Nothing But the Best delivers elegant simplicity in Brickell
- Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli opens his first Miami restaurant on South Beach