Coco de Ville
This exclusive, tiny lounge at the Gansevoort South has got it going on.
Coco de Ville
2377 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-604-6545.
Hours: Tue., Fri., Sat. from 11 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Coco de Ville is a place to be seen.
It’s smaller than most lounges, and chic, to boot. Next door to steakhouse STK, inside the Gansevoort South hotel, the intimate lounge is becoming a haven for celebs and Miami socialites.
The decor, similar to its Los Angeles counterpart, is cozy and intimate with soft lighting and neutral tones. But because of its size, it’s definitely not a place to go if you’re having an affair (a la Tiger or Jesse) or running from your parole officer.
When it’s crowded (max capacity is 150 people), there’s not much walking space so if you’re claustrophobic take notice. And because of the size of the lounge, there is a strict door policy, allowing in only those on the invite list. (Good luck.)
Expect to spend part, if not all, of your paycheck at this lounge. Drinks are not cheap and bottle service is encouraged. But it may be worth it for a chance to mingle with A-listers and their friends.
An added bonus: if you’re hungry you can order some apps or munchies from STK. Among the lounge's signature items are the Birthday Cupcake Tower (pink velvet cupcakes w/ vanilla cream frosting and multi-colored sprinkles); Coco Lollipop Martinis (cherry, blue raspberry, and caramel); Apple Candy Shots (rootbeer barrel, Tootsie pop, Pixie stix shots) and Cotton Candy (a machine on premise).
- Space Enlists Erick Morillo to Help Celebrate 15 Years of Parties
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Introducing E11EVEN, Miami's new nightclub and dayclub
- The Flat unveils bar rendering and cocktail program plans
- Life in Color attracts thousands to Miami Beach Convention Center
- FIFTY Ultra Lounge replaces Club 50 at the Viceroy
- Update: Jelsomino karaoke bar opens mid-October in Miami Beach
- The Buck House
- Green Ice-Watches!
- Spazio Nero returns