Cocktails for cancer research, a disco cruise and karaoke nights
Have a few cocktails to benefit cancer research, take a disco cruise with Gerry Kelly and karaoke like it's nobody's business.
Half priced fancy drinks are on the menu at The Bar @LvL25 inside The Conrad (1395 Brickell Ave., Miami) from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct, 25 during which time proceeds will go toward the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research. There will also be a special bar bites menu from the hotel's new execu-chef to make sure you don't walk away hungry.
Assistant Miami Heat coach Juwan Howard and his wife Jenine are throwing a big party from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the W South Beach (2201 Collins Ave., Miami) benefiting Jenine's non profit cancer treatment charity The Juice Foundation as well as the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The 3rd Annual Fashion For A Cause Event will be hosted by actress Aisha Hinds and 99 Jamz personality Lorenzo Ice T Thomas and will feature trick-or-treating, a Saks Fifth Avenue fashion show starring kids of Miami Heat players, live auction, healthy food and more. For tickets, go to www.juicefoundation.org or call 713-492-8469.
A Little Pitchy
Not all karaoke singers are created equally--just check out some of the 'talent' on X Factor, The Voice, and American Idol. But when it comes to The Flat's (500 S. Pointe Dr.) new Thursday ladies' karaoke night, complete with free glasses of champagne from 9 to 10 p.m. to help loosen up the vocal chords and inhibitions, it's not a competition, rather, a cacophonous cocktail confab. After the free glass of bubbles, flutes are $10 and bottles are $90. For that, we'll turn our chairs around.
Studio 54 at Sea
Every year we are reminded that disco isn't dead and keeping it, er, afloat, is nightlife veteran Gerry Kelly, who has taken his annual Studio 54 party to the high seas on Resorts World Bimini Superfast, boarding no later than 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 from the Port of Miami, Terminal J. Once onboard, DJ Vertigo will spin the classics while dancers channel their best Saturday Night Fever routines. When the ship hustles out of port, gambling happens as does dancing, dining and drinks. Tickets to sail are $39.95 and cabins start at $75. To purchase, go to www.yourbimini.com.
Mondrian and on and on
The Mondrian South Beach (1100 West Ave., Miami) is your weekend stop for sceney and sporty events. From 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays, the sleek and chic West Ave. enclave has added a DJ and games--ping pong, croquet and bocce ball--to its already happening Sunset Hour. Drinks and snacks are priced on the hour at $5 until 6 p.m., $7 until 8 p.m. and so on. For football fanatics, the Mondrian's Sunday afternoon pool party, aka Chill Sundays, will screen all games in poolside cabanas and serve sporty staples such as $20 Corona buckets and $9 chicken wings. On the last Sunday of the month, there's a full blown bayside BBQ priced at $13-$14 per person. For reservations, call 305-514-1965.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more