Cocktails for cancer research, a disco cruise and karaoke nights
Have a few cocktails to benefit cancer research, take a disco cruise with Gerry Kelly and karaoke like it's nobody's business.
Half priced fancy drinks are on the menu at The Bar @LvL25 inside The Conrad (1395 Brickell Ave., Miami) from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct, 25 during which time proceeds will go toward the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research. There will also be a special bar bites menu from the hotel's new execu-chef to make sure you don't walk away hungry.
Assistant Miami Heat coach Juwan Howard and his wife Jenine are throwing a big party from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the W South Beach (2201 Collins Ave., Miami) benefiting Jenine's non profit cancer treatment charity The Juice Foundation as well as the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The 3rd Annual Fashion For A Cause Event will be hosted by actress Aisha Hinds and 99 Jamz personality Lorenzo Ice T Thomas and will feature trick-or-treating, a Saks Fifth Avenue fashion show starring kids of Miami Heat players, live auction, healthy food and more. For tickets, go to www.juicefoundation.org or call 713-492-8469.
A Little Pitchy
Not all karaoke singers are created equally--just check out some of the 'talent' on X Factor, The Voice, and American Idol. But when it comes to The Flat's (500 S. Pointe Dr.) new Thursday ladies' karaoke night, complete with free glasses of champagne from 9 to 10 p.m. to help loosen up the vocal chords and inhibitions, it's not a competition, rather, a cacophonous cocktail confab. After the free glass of bubbles, flutes are $10 and bottles are $90. For that, we'll turn our chairs around.
Studio 54 at Sea
Every year we are reminded that disco isn't dead and keeping it, er, afloat, is nightlife veteran Gerry Kelly, who has taken his annual Studio 54 party to the high seas on Resorts World Bimini Superfast, boarding no later than 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 from the Port of Miami, Terminal J. Once onboard, DJ Vertigo will spin the classics while dancers channel their best Saturday Night Fever routines. When the ship hustles out of port, gambling happens as does dancing, dining and drinks. Tickets to sail are $39.95 and cabins start at $75. To purchase, go to www.yourbimini.com.
Mondrian and on and on
The Mondrian South Beach (1100 West Ave., Miami) is your weekend stop for sceney and sporty events. From 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays, the sleek and chic West Ave. enclave has added a DJ and games--ping pong, croquet and bocce ball--to its already happening Sunset Hour. Drinks and snacks are priced on the hour at $5 until 6 p.m., $7 until 8 p.m. and so on. For football fanatics, the Mondrian's Sunday afternoon pool party, aka Chill Sundays, will screen all games in poolside cabanas and serve sporty staples such as $20 Corona buckets and $9 chicken wings. On the last Sunday of the month, there's a full blown bayside BBQ priced at $13-$14 per person. For reservations, call 305-514-1965.
- These Miami summer nights: happy hours, live music, DJ Irie and free champagne!
- A Miami melange of martinis, shrimp, tacos, and silent discos
- Sugar Factory goes to the movies, Michael's Genuine cooks up a summer series, the Copa at AmSo, and 20 years of Jazid
- A ducky night in Wynwood, beach party on Key Biscayne, PYTs at LIV and Manhattans on Ocean Drive
- Winning and whimsy in Wynwood, high camp at Hyde Beach, and sangria on Sundays
- Boogie down at the Boca Raton Resort & Club with disco legends and Jellybean Benitez
- Radio benefit in Wynwood, Talib Kweli, YoungArts, movies on the sand and National Wine Day
- Fleetwood Mac gets Electric Pickled, vodka & graffiti in the Design District, Persian New Year and lineups at LIV and STORY
- Ringside at E11EVEN, a Marley at Wynwood Yard, Sake Mondays at Katsuya, Yappy Hour at Lique & Jellybean does disco at Boca Resort
- Paint party at Fire & Ice, bike to PAMM, Cinco de Mayo at E11EVEN and Jazz at Wynwood Yard