CNN's Anderson Cooper takes the stage at Hard Rock Live in South Florida on Thursday, Sept. 20
Expect plenty of talk about current events and a chance to ask him your questions
Usually when there's a hot show heading for the Hard Rock Live, you can bet it's a great rock-'n'-roll act, such as recent performers The B-52s and Bon Jovi, plus future concerts by Weezer and Lynyrd Skynyrd. But on Thursday, Sept. 20, prepare to get a bit more cerebral, as CNN's superstar broadcast journalist and author Anderson Cooper takes the stage.
The silver-haired anchor of his news show "Anderson Cooper 360°" - whose mother is heiress and blue-jean designer Gloria Vanderbilt - will talk about current events and compelling stories from his extensive travels, some detailed in his New York Times bestselling memoir "Dispatches From the Edge." Cooper has covered the Rwandan genocide, Princess Diana's funeral, the tsunami in Sri Lanka, the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the death of Pope John Paul II and the aftermaths of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the earthquakes in both Japan and Haiti, among many other huge events.
Cooper has also moderated several presidential debates, filled in for Regis Philbin on "Live With Regis and Kelly," hosted ABC's reality TV show "The Mole," and - what? - spent two summers interning at the CIA. Oh, and last month he finally confirmed that he's gay, unequivocally ending longtime speculation about his sexuality.
Looks like Dos Equis' Most Interesting Man in the World has a bit of competition, no?
If you plan to attend, think about what you might want to ask Cooper, as he will open the floor for a moderated Q&A session with the audience after his talk. Tickets ($44-$89, Ticketmaster) are on sale now.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz