Cluck Miami, Party for a Cause and dbQ bids adieu
Chow on fried chicken, party for a cause and get in one last happy hour at db Bistro Moderne.
Fried chicken is always a good thing, especially when the consumption of it benefits the Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida like the first ever Cluck Miami does. Taking place from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 at Studio 255 (255 NW 25th St., Miami), Cluck will showcase all sorts of MFC, from Eating House, J&G Grill, Chef Adrianne's, Jean Paul's House, OTC, Sakaya Kitchen and Blackbrick. With your $100 at the door ticket, you get unlimited tastings, welcome champagne reception by Veuve Cliquot, free Bombay Sapphire and Chambord Flavored Vodka cocktails, free microbrew created for the event by Gravity Brewlab and more. To buy tickets go to cluckmiami.com.
Party With Purpose
Miami-based registered nurse slash lawyer slash philanthropist Lorna Owens was so moved by an Anderson Cooper story on the rapes of over 2 million women in the Democratic Republic of Congo, whose infant and maternal mortality rate is one of the worst in the world, that she formed a non profit organization, Footprints Foundation, whose mission is "that we will be saving women's lives one little footprint at a time." Benefiting that foundation is Party for a Cause from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 at The Stage (170 NE 38th St., Miami). A $50 ticket, proceeds going directly to the foundation, includes food from area restaurants, DJ, hour open bar plus two drink tickets. Says host committee member Dr. Jodi Stoner, " All monies collected go directly to the Congo with our members and doctors from Miami. It is a grassroots movement getting a lot of attention from the Global Health Community. We provide teaching doctors, bring medical supplies, and prepare and bring with us thousands of "birthing kits" on the ground-several times a year. The next group will go first of October!" To buy tickets, go to www.footprints-foundation.org.
Bidding Adieu to the dbQ
Though technically summer is over and a change of seasons in Miami is as likely as a unicorn showing up to the series finale of the Kardashian shows, db Bistro Moderne (255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami) says farewell to its summer series, the dbQ with a last hurrah from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27. There, you can discuss whether or not it's appropriate to wear white in Miami after Labor Day while sipping half-priced cocktails and stuffing your face on Chef Matthieu Godard's specially-priced $7-$9 menu. PS: Let us know what you come up with on the white after Labor Day issue.
What's old is new again at Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel South Beach (1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach) where Tuesdays throwback to the '70s with Dynomite Tuesdays, featuring old school hip hop, funk and disco. Spinning the 8 Tracks on Tuesday, Oct. 1 is DZA. Doors open at 10 p.m. For those who still prefer house music, the Delano Beach Club's (1685 Collins Ave.) Sunset Sessions are back, too, starting from 6 p.m. to midnight on Sunday, September 29 with a Hawaiian luau theme and tunes by Lee Foss and Waifs & Strays. Tickets range from $10 to $20. To purchase, go to http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?520445.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano