Clink-o de Mayo: Cinco Cocktails for May 5
Cinco de Mayo is approaching and we've got your party and your drinks right here.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Looking for something fun to do this Cinco de Mayo? You’re in luck with Miami.com. On Tuesday we’ll be celebrating the holiday in style at Plunge on the Gansevoort South rooftop starting at 9 p.m. with $5 Tecate beers, a $10 Patron cocktails and chilled shots for the same price while dancing the night away to music spun by a live DJ.
For all you margarita lovers, Plunge mixologist Jay Law created a pineapple-tinged Patron silver cocktail - the Enlightened Margarita - for the party on the rooftop. Can’t make the celebration? Then make sure to prepare this cocktail – along with these other four Miami.com-approved drinks – at your own Cinco fiesta.
Muddle two fresh pineapple slices into the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
Fill with ice.
Add 2 ounces of Patron Silver, 1 ounce of Citronage Orange Liqueur and ½ an ounce of house-made Cinnamon/Brown Sugar Syrup.
Serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a pineapple skewer.
Cabo Gazpachito Shot
Add 1 ounce of Cabo Blanco Tequila, 1 and ½ ounces of Tomato Juice and ½ an ounce of Sherry into a cocktail shaler filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled shot glass.
Garnish with 2 slices of green or red Jalapeño and a Cucumber Spear.
Slam the shot and then eat the cucumber spear to finish.
Add 2.5 ounces of Kilo Kai Rum, 1 ounce of Cointreau or Grand Marnier (No Triple Sec) and the juice of one lime into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a salted-rimmed glass.
Top off with ginger ale (or 7 Up) and garnish with a lime slice.
Add ½ ounce of Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila, ½ ounce of Triple sec, ½ ounce of Raspberry liqueur, 2 ounces of Sweet and Sour Mix and 1 ounce of Cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain and serve into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a fresh raspberry skewer.
Add 1 ½ ounces of Corzo Silver, ¾ ounces of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, ¾ ounces of pineapple juice, 1 ounce of fresh lime juice and ½ ounces of agave nectar into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake and pour into a margarita or rocks glass.
Garnish with a slice of crystallized ginger and lemon peel.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest