Clink: Water and Breakfast in B.E.D.
How many puns can we make about B.E.D.? Let's just say you'll be three sheets to the wind after a few of these.
By Aurora Rodriguez
South Beach hot spot B.E.D. knows how to entertain those who slip past its velvet ropes and onto a set of its crisp, white sheets: dinner, DJs, plush beds to lounge and dance on and, of course, signature cocktails. However, if you feel like ordering in, turning up the iPod and taking to the Posturepedic instead, here's how to make a couple of those sweet-dream sips yourself.
Water B.E.D.: Combine 2 ounces Absolut Raspberri, 1.5 ounces Malibu Rum and a splash of Blue Curacao in a cocktail shaker. Top with pineapple juice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry.
Breakfast in B.E.D.: Combine 2 ounces Stoli Orange, 1 ounce peach schnapps and a splash of orange juice in a cocktail shaker. Top with Red Bull. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice.
The cocktails are $15 at B.E.D., 929 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-9070
Miami.com Happy Hour: Join Aurora Rodriguez and the rest of the Miami.com crew at B.E.D. from 8
to 11 p.m. Friday for $8 drinks.
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara