Clink: Viva Frida
After a few of these, everyone will have a unibrow.
By Aurora Rodriguez
Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away, mis amigos. And while everyone loves a good, old-fashioned margarita, you can upgrade this year to a Viva Frida. It's from the makers of Frida Kahlo Tequila Blanco, named for Mexico's most famous female artist and double-distilled in antique copper stills.
The Viva Frida goes down smoother than your typical 'rita and is simple to make at home once the party's over. After all, who doesn't want to fiesta forever?
Rub the rim of a chilled margarita glass with a lime wedge and dip in coarse salt. Pour 1½ ounces Frida Kahlo Tequila Blanco, 1 ounce lime juice and ½ ounce of triple sec into a cocktail shaker with 4 to 6 cracked ice cubes. Shake vigorously until a frost forms. Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish with a lime slice.
The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr, and the Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, serve the Viva Frida; expect to pay $15 to $20. A bottle of Frida Kahlo Tequila Blanco is about $50 at liquor stores.
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Señor Frogs Giving Away Free Yard Drinks for a Year
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Cider Presents 5 Recipes for Cider-Infused Cocktails