Clink: Valentine's Day cocktails
Let the love -- and the alcohol -- flow.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Forget flowers, candy and the usual token jewelry item this Valentine's Day. It's time you showed your sweetie that you can let go of the usual "wine and dine" experience. From the Rose Petal Martini at Brickell's Andu to the Flirtini at Red Steakhouse, here are some cuddle-inducing cocktails sure to up the romance factor this February 14th -- or any other day of the year. After all, love and alcohol are two things that should always be flowing.
Rose Petal Martini
Add 2 1/2 ounces of gin, 1 ounce of rose syrup, 1/2 ounce of triple sec and a dash of bitters to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into a chilled martini glass. Top with cold champagne and a squeeze of limejuice. Garnish with an edible, sugared rose petal.
The Rose Petal Martini is about $14 at Andu, 141 SW 7th St., Brickell; 786-871-7005
Add 2 ounces of Stoli Razberi, 1 ounce of triple sec and splashes of cranberry, lime and pineapple juices to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Top with champagne.
The Flirtini is about $14 at Red the Steakhouse, 119 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-3688
Love Potion 305
Add 1 ounce of strawberry vodka, 1 ounce of vodka, 1 ounce of PAMA pomegranate liquor and 1 ounce of Fragoli to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Serve into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry.
The Love Potion 305 is $10 at Kitchen 305, 16701 Collins Ave.; 305-949-1300
Pink Lovers Prima Martini
Add 1 1/2 ounces of vodka, 1/2 an ounce of peach schnapps and a touch of fresh orange juice, cranberry juice and Midori melon liquor to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orchid.
The Pink Lovers Prima Martini is $9.50 at Café Prima Pasta, 414 71st street, Miami Beach; 305-867-0106
RA Berry Romance
Add 2 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces of Skyy raspberry vodka, 1.5 ounces of Soho Lychee, 1 ounce of sake, 1 ounce of triple sec and .5 ounce of black raspberry liqueur to a mixing tin. Add equal parts pineapple juice, lemonade and lemon-lime soda. Pour into a fishbowl filled with ice. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Serves two.
The RA Berry Romance is $12 and will be served now through Feb. 14 at RA Sushi, 5829 SW 73rd St, South Miami; 305-341-0092; 201 SW 145th Terr, Pembroke Pines; 954-342-5454
Sipped one of these? Leave a review!
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews