Clink: Tsunami Punch & Sea Monkey Martini
If we were a monkey caught in a tsunami, we'd hope we were of the sea variety. No, we're not drunk. (Yet.)
By Aurora Rodríguez
The plush red décor and red lighting at RA Sushi in South Miami or Pembroke Pines is bound to have you and your lunch or dinner crew craving a spicy Viva Las Vegas roll as a side to their thumping soundtrack of alternative pop rock tunes and a signature cocktail menu apt for drink lovers who are tired of the same ol' "sake-and-roll" combo. Might we suggest accompanying that sweet gyoza with a Tsunami Punch for four? We bet you'll love it.
(For more than two people)
Fill a punch bowl with ice. Fill a martini shaker tin with 2 ounces of amaretto, 2 ounces of Southern Comfort, 2 ounces of your vodka of choice, 2 ounces of sake, 1 ounce of grenadine and 1 ounce of limejuice. Add equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice. Shake vigorously. Pour into the punch bowl and garnish with 2 lemons, 2 limes, 2 cherries and at least two straws.
Sea Monkey Martini
Pour 1.5 ounces of pineapple juice into a chilled martini glass. Fill a martini shaker tin with 1.25 ounces of Skyy Vodka Berry, .5 ounce of Raspberry Bols, 1 ounce of cranberry juice. Shake vigorously and strain into the chilled martini glass containing pineapple juice and a thin lemon slice as a garnish.
RA Sushi cocktails are around $12 at RA Sushi, 5829 SW 73rd St, South Miami; 305-341-0092; 201 SW 145th Terr, Pembroke Pines; 954-342-5454.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Additional guest list spots released for Oculto Manor
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Go Drink This: Gin & Tonic(s)
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes