Clink: The X-Lover & Jealous X
Tell that no-good two-timer to kiss your glass.
By Aurora Rodríguez
What separates the sushi restaurants from the sushi lounges? A stellar cocktail menu, of course. On any given Friday evening at Red Koi Thai and Sushi Lounge one can spot an array of young professionals sipping on sake and munching on a specialty rolls and food - such as their Hamachi Jalapeño roll and steamed mussels - in the cozy downstairs area. Or, climb on up to the techno music-infused second floor, where one can sip on signature X-Rated Fusion Liqueur cocktails. The Jealous X and X Lover are sure to get you over him/her in no time - and onto a few of those young professionals downstairs.
Add 1 ounce of X-Rated Fusion Liqueur and 2 ounces of pineapple juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice. Top off with soda water. Garnish with a lemon round.
Pour 1.5 ounces of X-Rated Fusion Liqueur, 1/2 ounce of Campari, 3/4 ounces of Blood Orange Juice and 1/2 ounces of Lemon Juice into mixing pint over ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass. Garnish with a blood orange round.
Cocktails are about $12 at Red Koi, 317 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-446- 2690
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest