Clink: The Stardust & Motley Bird Mojito
Move over Red Bull-n-vodka, there's a new energy-inducing cocktail in tipsy town.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Eclectic Kitchen 305 at the Newport Beachside Resort in Sunny Isles Beach is an unexpected retreat for diners seeking a sophisticated meal with circus flair. Known dishes like juicy Kobe sliders and mountains of fluffy pink cotton candy for dessert, there's nothing this dining and lounge spot seemingly won't venture to try.
Stop by their dimly lit bar on a Saturday evening for a round of their signature fruity cocktails -- featuring different Motley Bird energy drinks. They're sure to keep you energized, whether it's for their weekend party or just a late night Mad Men marathon. Sleeping, after all, is overrated.
Add 1 1/4 ounces Alchemy Ginger Infusion Vodka, 3/4 ounces of Peach Schnapps into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add a splash of pineapple juice and a splash of orange juice. Shake vigorously. Serve into a short cocktail glass filled with ice. Top it off with Motley Bird Cranberry. Garnish with fresh cherries.
Motley Bird Mojito
Muddle mint leaves as desired, 3 fresh lime slices and a dash of sugar into a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Add 2 ounces of Alchemy Ginger Infusion Vodka. Top it off with Motley Bird Lima. Pour contents over a pint-sized glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Cocktails are about $10 at Kitchen 305, 16701 Collins Ave.; 305-949-1300
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews