Clink: The Sapphire Ace
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans.
By Jaweed Kaleem
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up an ace -- the Sapphire Ace, a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans at this weekend's Sony Ericsson Open by the makers of Bombay Sapphire Gin.
"Gin traditionally been enjoyed as a summertime drink, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon," says consultant James Moreland, who came up with the drink. "It's perfect for watching tennis."
Combine 1¼ ounce gin, 1½ ounce mango juice, ½ ounce apricot brandy, ½ ounce simple
syrup, a squeeze of lime and ice in a cocktail shaker; shake.
Strain into a rocks glass, top with ¼ ounce grenadine and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Sapphire Ace is $9.50 at the Sapphire Lounge at the Crandon Tennis Center, 7300 Crandon Blvd.,
Key Biscayne sonyericssonopen.com.
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator