Clink: The Sapphire Ace
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans.
By Jaweed Kaleem
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up an ace -- the Sapphire Ace, a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans at this weekend's Sony Ericsson Open by the makers of Bombay Sapphire Gin.
"Gin traditionally been enjoyed as a summertime drink, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon," says consultant James Moreland, who came up with the drink. "It's perfect for watching tennis."
Combine 1¼ ounce gin, 1½ ounce mango juice, ½ ounce apricot brandy, ½ ounce simple
syrup, a squeeze of lime and ice in a cocktail shaker; shake.
Strain into a rocks glass, top with ¼ ounce grenadine and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Sapphire Ace is $9.50 at the Sapphire Lounge at the Crandon Tennis Center, 7300 Crandon Blvd.,
Key Biscayne sonyericssonopen.com.
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Toast Mac's Club Deuce owner as he turns 100
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail