Clink: The Sapphire Ace
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans.
By Jaweed Kaleem
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up an ace -- the Sapphire Ace, a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans at this weekend's Sony Ericsson Open by the makers of Bombay Sapphire Gin.
"Gin traditionally been enjoyed as a summertime drink, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon," says consultant James Moreland, who came up with the drink. "It's perfect for watching tennis."
Combine 1¼ ounce gin, 1½ ounce mango juice, ½ ounce apricot brandy, ½ ounce simple
syrup, a squeeze of lime and ice in a cocktail shaker; shake.
Strain into a rocks glass, top with ¼ ounce grenadine and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Sapphire Ace is $9.50 at the Sapphire Lounge at the Crandon Tennis Center, 7300 Crandon Blvd.,
Key Biscayne sonyericssonopen.com.
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara