Clink: The Sapphire Ace
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans.
By Jaweed Kaleem
In Key Biscayne, they're serving up an ace -- the Sapphire Ace, a bright orange cocktail created for tennis fans at this weekend's Sony Ericsson Open by the makers of Bombay Sapphire Gin.
"Gin traditionally been enjoyed as a summertime drink, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon," says consultant James Moreland, who came up with the drink. "It's perfect for watching tennis."
Combine 1¼ ounce gin, 1½ ounce mango juice, ½ ounce apricot brandy, ½ ounce simple
syrup, a squeeze of lime and ice in a cocktail shaker; shake.
Strain into a rocks glass, top with ¼ ounce grenadine and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Sapphire Ace is $9.50 at the Sapphire Lounge at the Crandon Tennis Center, 7300 Crandon Blvd.,
Key Biscayne sonyericssonopen.com.
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Señor Frogs Giving Away Free Yard Drinks for a Year
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni