Clink: The Fregola @ Fratelli Lyon
A crafty and affordable cocktail in a furniture shop? Now that's design within reach.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Design fiends furniture shopping in the Design District are in for a treat if they decide to check out trendy Driade home décor shop. To match their impeccable taste in style, there's in-house Italian restaurant, Fratelli Lyon. Dine on a platter of cured ham or select cheeses -- including locally made mozarella and ricotta -- or share a reasonably priced pizza while taking in the spot's laid-back, minimalist atmosphere and impressive selection of over 60 Italian wines and unique Proseccos. Just don't leave without trying The Fregola, an affordable ($8!) raspberry and Prosecco combination sure to start your night off on the right piede. Now that's design within reach.
Muddle 4 to 6 raspberries in the bottom of a glass with 1 tbsp of simple syrup. Have 5 ounces of Prosecco handy. Add 3 ounces of your Prosecco of choice and stir. The cocktail will bubble up slightly. Allow the carbonation bubbles to subside and pour the remaining 2 ounces of Prosecco. Garnish the rim of the glass with a raspberry and serve.
The Fregola is $8 at Fratelli Lyon, 4141 NE 2nd Ave.; 305-572-290.
Sipped this? Leave a review!
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts