Clink: The CQ Float & Poma Domo
Who knew making cucumber foam involved "bullets"? Who knew you could buy "bullets" at William Sonoma?
By Aurora Rodríguez
While sushi lovers might come to the Design District's artsy asian bistro Domo Japones just for another chance at nibbling on an inventive appetizer such as the salty Black Edamame or a sophisticated roll like their Scallop Ume Kyu, it's probably also the restaurant's unique drinks that help keep the conversation flowing.
Mixologist Elad Zvi of Bar Lab created the establishment's drink menu hands on. While all cocktails are worth a try, it's the restaurant's CQ Float that might make palettes tingle the most with excitement. "This cocktail is sophisticated, clean, aromatic and cutting edge," said Zvi.
Here's a peek at how to make your own float at home, along with a recipe for Domo's other standout drink, the Poma Domo.
Mix 2 1/2 ounces of San Germain Elder Flower Liqueur, 3 ounces of bubbly wine or champagne into a Boston glass filled with ice and stir. Pour into a champagne glass - leave one ounce at the top empty to add the cucumber foam. Top with cucumber foam.
To make the Cucumber Foam
Take a cucumber with skin and juice it, then warm juice lightly in a pan. Add 2 gelatin sheets (can be purchased at William Sonoma), 1/2 ounces of salt, 1/2 ounces of pepper and put all ingredients in a whipped cream maker. Add two "bullets," which can be purchased at William Sonoma. Let sit for one hour in a refrigerator, then shake and use to top off CQ Float.
Mix 2 Slices of English cucumber, 1 ounce of fresh pomegranate juice (or one ounce of the "POM" drink), 1 ounce of organic maple syrup, 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice, 2 ounces of vodka into a chilled cocktail shaker. Add ice until glass is full and shake for 12 seconds to break up all ingredients, then double strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an organic, edible flower.
Domo Japones cocktails are priced between $14 and $18 at Domo Japones, 4000 NE Second Ave., Design District; 305-573-5474.
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend
- 5 way to get your drink on without breaking the bank this weekend
- Is this hidden garden lounge Brickell's best kept secret?