Clink: The Circatini & Juan Valdez
Attention hipsters: these cocktails are the new PBR. Get with it.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Whoever says downtown Miami has a lack of nightspots where chilling is preferable to bass-thumping hasn't been to Circa 28. The hidden spot near Wynwood -- lit up only by a neon sign boasting the word "Bar" -- has its own collection of rare books, which you can flip through while enjoying one of their signature cocktails, such as the tangy Circatini. The lounge also boasts an outside area perfect for chatting until you're ready to go upstairs to dance the night away to the sounds of such indie faves as Interpol and The Cure.
Crank up your iPod and have your own Circa 28-inspired dance party at home with the these unique drinks inspired by the lounge's independent spirit.
Pour 1 1/4 ounces Grey Goose La Poire, 1/2 ounce of Cointreau, 1/4 ounce of peach nectar into a chilled martini shaker. Cover and lightly shake. Strain into a chilled martini glass and add 1/2 ounces of champagne (Moet & Chandon preferred). Garnish with a cherry at the base of the glass and an orange curl on the rim.
Pour 1 ounce of Patron XO, 1 ounce Patron Citronage, the juice of one freshly squeezed lime and a splash of soda water into a shaker glass filled with ice. Cover and shake vigorously. Serve into an old-fashioned cocktail glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
The Circatini and Juan Valdez are about $12 at Circa 28, 2826 N. Miami Ave, Miami; 305-722-1858
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Señor Frogs Giving Away Free Yard Drinks for a Year
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz