Clink: The Circatini & Juan Valdez
Attention hipsters: these cocktails are the new PBR. Get with it.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Whoever says downtown Miami has a lack of nightspots where chilling is preferable to bass-thumping hasn't been to Circa 28. The hidden spot near Wynwood -- lit up only by a neon sign boasting the word "Bar" -- has its own collection of rare books, which you can flip through while enjoying one of their signature cocktails, such as the tangy Circatini. The lounge also boasts an outside area perfect for chatting until you're ready to go upstairs to dance the night away to the sounds of such indie faves as Interpol and The Cure.
Crank up your iPod and have your own Circa 28-inspired dance party at home with the these unique drinks inspired by the lounge's independent spirit.
Pour 1 1/4 ounces Grey Goose La Poire, 1/2 ounce of Cointreau, 1/4 ounce of peach nectar into a chilled martini shaker. Cover and lightly shake. Strain into a chilled martini glass and add 1/2 ounces of champagne (Moet & Chandon preferred). Garnish with a cherry at the base of the glass and an orange curl on the rim.
Pour 1 ounce of Patron XO, 1 ounce Patron Citronage, the juice of one freshly squeezed lime and a splash of soda water into a shaker glass filled with ice. Cover and shake vigorously. Serve into an old-fashioned cocktail glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
The Circatini and Juan Valdez are about $12 at Circa 28, 2826 N. Miami Ave, Miami; 305-722-1858
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer
- Zinfandel can be a 'monster' red wine