Clink: Texas de Brasil
The Brazilian fiesta in your mouth isn't complete until you've had a signature caipirinha or caipiroska from Texas de Brasil.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Step inside Texas de Brasil's South Beach location and you’ll find yourself welcomed by a buffet jam packed with delicious Latin flavors.
Of course the cuts of meat definitely stand out – such as their juicy skirt steak and chicken with bacon – but it won’t be a Brazilian fiesta until you accompany your selections with one of the spot’s signature caipirinhas or caipiroskas. Try one at their bar with a view, then challenge yourself to make it at home.
Prepare a chilled cocktail glass
Cut a fresh lime into eights
Put into the bottom of the glass
Spoon in two teaspoons of cane sugar
Crush the pieces of lime
Add crushed ice
Add 2 ounces of cachaca
Garnish with a lime wedge
Prepare a chilled cocktail shaker
Muddle three fresh mango slices
Muddle with fresh sugar
Add 1½ ounces of Absolut Mango Vodka
Serve in a cocktail glass
Cocktails are around $11 at Texas de Brasil, 300 Alton Rd, Ste 200, Miami Beach; 305-695-7702.
- J. Wakefield Brewery releases special Base-inspired brews
- Buy a beer for a hometown hero at BJ's Brewhouse
- A lavish happy hour spot for Beach goers
- NaiYaRa could just be Miami's perfect post-work getaway
- Jack Daniels brings pop up to Wynwood this month
- Craft Social Club introduces craft bottle service and mixology on tap to Miami
- Pembroke Pines has a new drinking den
- Miracle Mile gets its first speakeasy-style cocktail den
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar