Clink: Texas de Brasil
The Brazilian fiesta in your mouth isn't complete until you've had a signature caipirinha or caipiroska from Texas de Brasil.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Step inside Texas de Brasil's South Beach location and you’ll find yourself welcomed by a buffet jam packed with delicious Latin flavors.
Of course the cuts of meat definitely stand out – such as their juicy skirt steak and chicken with bacon – but it won’t be a Brazilian fiesta until you accompany your selections with one of the spot’s signature caipirinhas or caipiroskas. Try one at their bar with a view, then challenge yourself to make it at home.
Prepare a chilled cocktail glass
Cut a fresh lime into eights
Put into the bottom of the glass
Spoon in two teaspoons of cane sugar
Crush the pieces of lime
Add crushed ice
Add 2 ounces of cachaca
Garnish with a lime wedge
Prepare a chilled cocktail shaker
Muddle three fresh mango slices
Muddle with fresh sugar
Add 1½ ounces of Absolut Mango Vodka
Serve in a cocktail glass
Cocktails are around $11 at Texas de Brasil, 300 Alton Rd, Ste 200, Miami Beach; 305-695-7702.
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Go Drink This: Gin & Tonic(s)
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War