Clink: Texas de Brasil
The Brazilian fiesta in your mouth isn't complete until you've had a signature caipirinha or caipiroska from Texas de Brasil.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Step inside Texas de Brasil's South Beach location and you’ll find yourself welcomed by a buffet jam packed with delicious Latin flavors.
Of course the cuts of meat definitely stand out – such as their juicy skirt steak and chicken with bacon – but it won’t be a Brazilian fiesta until you accompany your selections with one of the spot’s signature caipirinhas or caipiroskas. Try one at their bar with a view, then challenge yourself to make it at home.
Prepare a chilled cocktail glass
Cut a fresh lime into eights
Put into the bottom of the glass
Spoon in two teaspoons of cane sugar
Crush the pieces of lime
Add crushed ice
Add 2 ounces of cachaca
Garnish with a lime wedge
Prepare a chilled cocktail shaker
Muddle three fresh mango slices
Muddle with fresh sugar
Add 1½ ounces of Absolut Mango Vodka
Serve in a cocktail glass
Cocktails are around $11 at Texas de Brasil, 300 Alton Rd, Ste 200, Miami Beach; 305-695-7702.
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator