Clink: sips from Skybar
If you want to hang with the beauitful people, you have to drink the beautiful drinks.
By Aurora Rodriguez
Wondering what keeps celebs such as Ashlee Simpson and new hubby Pete Wentz snuggling up and partying on at The Shore Club? The cocktails at the Redroom and Redroom Garden -- a thumping, dimly lit lounge and airy outside bar -- can't hurt. Here's how to make two bar favorites at home.
Passion Fruit Margarita: Measure 11/2 ounces tequila (Partido Blanco preferred), 1 ounce spring water, juice of half a passion fruit (save the shell) and 3/4 ounce agave nectar into an ice-filled shaker. Shake; strain into a cocktail glass. Fill passion fruit shell with mescal and float on top.
Lemon Spritz: Pour 1/2 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup and 1/4 ounce of limoncello in an ice-filled mixing glass. Add 3 ounces champagne and stir. Strain into a flute. Float grenadine on top with bar spoon. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Skybar drinks are $16 at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695-3100
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara