Clink: sips from Skybar
If you want to hang with the beauitful people, you have to drink the beautiful drinks.
By Aurora Rodriguez
Wondering what keeps celebs such as Ashlee Simpson and new hubby Pete Wentz snuggling up and partying on at The Shore Club? The cocktails at the Redroom and Redroom Garden -- a thumping, dimly lit lounge and airy outside bar -- can't hurt. Here's how to make two bar favorites at home.
Passion Fruit Margarita: Measure 11/2 ounces tequila (Partido Blanco preferred), 1 ounce spring water, juice of half a passion fruit (save the shell) and 3/4 ounce agave nectar into an ice-filled shaker. Shake; strain into a cocktail glass. Fill passion fruit shell with mescal and float on top.
Lemon Spritz: Pour 1/2 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup and 1/4 ounce of limoncello in an ice-filled mixing glass. Add 3 ounces champagne and stir. Strain into a flute. Float grenadine on top with bar spoon. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Skybar drinks are $16 at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695-3100
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer