Clink: sips from Skybar
If you want to hang with the beauitful people, you have to drink the beautiful drinks.
By Aurora Rodriguez
Wondering what keeps celebs such as Ashlee Simpson and new hubby Pete Wentz snuggling up and partying on at The Shore Club? The cocktails at the Redroom and Redroom Garden -- a thumping, dimly lit lounge and airy outside bar -- can't hurt. Here's how to make two bar favorites at home.
Passion Fruit Margarita: Measure 11/2 ounces tequila (Partido Blanco preferred), 1 ounce spring water, juice of half a passion fruit (save the shell) and 3/4 ounce agave nectar into an ice-filled shaker. Shake; strain into a cocktail glass. Fill passion fruit shell with mescal and float on top.
Lemon Spritz: Pour 1/2 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup and 1/4 ounce of limoncello in an ice-filled mixing glass. Add 3 ounces champagne and stir. Strain into a flute. Float grenadine on top with bar spoon. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Skybar drinks are $16 at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695-3100
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- Class up your party with a DIY Champagne Tower