Clink: Sexy Kandi and Juniper Spice
Enjoy these sweet sips at Hed Kandi. Pop rocks included!
By Aurora Rodríguez
Those lucky enough to get past the doorman at Hed Kandi gastro-lounge in Miami Beach are in for a treat. Satisfy your sweet tooth with their bubble gum-flavored Kandi Gum featuring their home bubble gum-infused pisco or kick it up a notch by sipping on their strawberry-flavored Sexy Kandi before hitting up the dance floor. Every party should start off this sweet.
Muddle 4 to 5 strawberries into the bottom of a mixing glass.
Fill with ice and add a touch of passion fruit juice and 2½ ounces of vodka.
Shake vigorously. Serve into a short martini glass rimmed with pop rocks candy.
Add a blast of liquid nitrogen (if available/desired) and garnish with a strawberry dipped in pop rocks.
Muddle 2 fresh red bell peppers into the bottom of a mixing glass.
Fill with ice and add 1 ounce of flower blossom liqueur and 2½ ounces of aromatic gin.
Shake vigorously. Serve into a cocktail glass and top off with soda (Hed Kandi utilizes homemade flavored soda). Garnish with a red bell pepper.
Cocktails are around $16 at Hed Kandi Lounge, 1200 Washington Avenue, South Beach; (305) 283-1664.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest