Clink: Sexy Kandi and Juniper Spice
Enjoy these sweet sips at Hed Kandi. Pop rocks included!
By Aurora Rodríguez
Those lucky enough to get past the doorman at Hed Kandi gastro-lounge in Miami Beach are in for a treat. Satisfy your sweet tooth with their bubble gum-flavored Kandi Gum featuring their home bubble gum-infused pisco or kick it up a notch by sipping on their strawberry-flavored Sexy Kandi before hitting up the dance floor. Every party should start off this sweet.
Muddle 4 to 5 strawberries into the bottom of a mixing glass.
Fill with ice and add a touch of passion fruit juice and 2½ ounces of vodka.
Shake vigorously. Serve into a short martini glass rimmed with pop rocks candy.
Add a blast of liquid nitrogen (if available/desired) and garnish with a strawberry dipped in pop rocks.
Muddle 2 fresh red bell peppers into the bottom of a mixing glass.
Fill with ice and add 1 ounce of flower blossom liqueur and 2½ ounces of aromatic gin.
Shake vigorously. Serve into a cocktail glass and top off with soda (Hed Kandi utilizes homemade flavored soda). Garnish with a red bell pepper.
Cocktails are around $16 at Hed Kandi Lounge, 1200 Washington Avenue, South Beach; (305) 283-1664.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer