Clink: Setai summer cocktails
You're hot. And hot. Get all gussied up and head to the Setai for a cool drink -- don't forget the Amex.
By Aurora Rodriguez
South Beach's boutique hotel The Setai is known for its posh interior and relaxed enviroment, so it's no surprise that those who stop in to cool themselves off in style should head straight to the hotel's hip bar area.
While The Setai is known for its unique martinis, such as the "spicy when it hits the lips" Chili Passion Martini, they're shaking things up this summer by featuring drinks mixed up exclusively with Moleca Cachaca, like the Moleca Raspberry Caipirinha. "We try to make our drinks very different from the usual South Beach cocktails and make an effort to use the best ingredients we can find," said bartender O'Neil Hyman.
Hosting your own samba night? Here's how to make a few of The Setai's sizzling summer cocktails all by yourself.
Chili Passion Martini
Add 2 ounces of passion fruit rum, a splash of orange juice, 1 ounce of passion fruit puree, splash of ginger juice and a splash of cranberry juice into a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass. Top with a sprinkle of chili flakes and garnish with a chili pepper.
Moleca Adam's Eve Martini
Add 2 ounces Moleca silver cachaca, 1.5 ounces of passion fruit liqueur, 1/2 ounces of sour mix and 1 ounce of passion fruit puree into a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a fresh jalapeño. (When they're safe again, of course.)
Setai's Moleca Raspberry Caipirinha
Muddle 4 fresh raspberries and 2 tbsp of brown sugar into the bottom of a shaker glass. Add ice as desired, then add 1.5 ounces of Moleca gold cachaca and squeeze in one fresh lime. Shake vigorously, top with 1.5 ounces of full-bodied red wine and serve in desired cocktail glass. Garnish with a raspberry skewer.
The Setai's summer cocktails are about $15 at The Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-520-6400
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer