Clink: Rosa Mexicano margaritas
Grocery stores, airplanes and now Mexican restaurants -- carts rock.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Yes, we know Mary Brickell Village's Rosa Mexicano restaurant has a mean guacamole dip and some delicious burritos. But how about giving them a hand for that amazing drink service? Not only does Rosa Mexicano offer an array of fruity and tart margaritas, but now you can also get them mixed for you "up close and personal" thanks to the restaurant's new margarita cart. The cart has a selection of tasty tequilas such as Don Julio and Sauza, which will guarantee you a margarita -- such as the refreshing Mango Margarita -- made right out of your wildest Cancun fantasies.
Here's how to throw your own Cinco de Mayo in July party at home.
Muddle 2 tablespoons of diced mangoes with 1 ounce of agave syrup mixture mixed with equal parts water. Add 2 oz. Silver tequila (recommended 100% blue agave), squeeze in lime juice and combine over ice. Shake well. Pour into desired glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
La Pomelo Margarita
Add 1.5 ounces Silver tequila (recommended 100% blue agave), .5 ounces Cointreau, .5 ounces Campari, 1.5 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice, .5 ounces vanilla simple syrup and .25 ounces fresh lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Mix all ingredients together and shake vigorously. Strain and serve into desired glass filled with ice.
The margaritas are priced at around $10 at Rosa Mexicano in Mary Brickell Village, 900 South Miami Ave, Brickell; 786-425-1001
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews