Clink: Rosa Mexicano margaritas
Grocery stores, airplanes and now Mexican restaurants -- carts rock.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Yes, we know Mary Brickell Village's Rosa Mexicano restaurant has a mean guacamole dip and some delicious burritos. But how about giving them a hand for that amazing drink service? Not only does Rosa Mexicano offer an array of fruity and tart margaritas, but now you can also get them mixed for you "up close and personal" thanks to the restaurant's new margarita cart. The cart has a selection of tasty tequilas such as Don Julio and Sauza, which will guarantee you a margarita -- such as the refreshing Mango Margarita -- made right out of your wildest Cancun fantasies.
Here's how to throw your own Cinco de Mayo in July party at home.
Muddle 2 tablespoons of diced mangoes with 1 ounce of agave syrup mixture mixed with equal parts water. Add 2 oz. Silver tequila (recommended 100% blue agave), squeeze in lime juice and combine over ice. Shake well. Pour into desired glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
La Pomelo Margarita
Add 1.5 ounces Silver tequila (recommended 100% blue agave), .5 ounces Cointreau, .5 ounces Campari, 1.5 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice, .5 ounces vanilla simple syrup and .25 ounces fresh lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Mix all ingredients together and shake vigorously. Strain and serve into desired glass filled with ice.
The margaritas are priced at around $10 at Rosa Mexicano in Mary Brickell Village, 900 South Miami Ave, Brickell; 786-425-1001
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer