Clink: Purple 'tini, Purple Mojo, Purplerita
Purple drinks: like grape popsicles for adults.
By Aurora Rodriguez
Who says cocktail lovers can't have their spirits and antioxidants shaken and stirred in one glass? Those looking to keep themselves healthy and energetic just need to add a dash of Purple into their alcohol of choice. The beverage combines seven high-antioxidant fruits and can be found at GNC stores for $2.99 per 10-ounce bottle. And, according to researchers, adding alcohol to the fruits boosts their antioxidant count. These cocktails are making a splash at Miami spots such as DeVito's and the Essex House Hotel lounge in South Beach.
Combine 2 ounces vodka, ½ ounce triple sec and 5 ounces Purple. Shake with ½ cup of ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Combine 1 ounce Purple, 1 ounce tequila, 1 ounce Cointreau, lime juice to taste and 1 ounce simple syrup. Shake with ice. Strain and serve in a margarita glass with a rim coated with salt of Splenda or crushed dark chocolate.
Muddle mint jeaves in a glass with 3 3/4 ounces fresh lime juice and 1 ounce sugar syrup. Add 1 ounce Purple and 1 1/2 ounces white rum. Shake with ice. Strain in to a 12-ounce rocks or bighball glass and top with a splash of seltzer. Garnish with mint sprig.
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Find out how to get a free cocktail at La Moderna this week only
- SUSHISAMBA launches new Saketober-fest menu with a World Sake Day celebration October 1st
- Piripi presents Bourbon & Bites
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Bombay Sapphire Gin and Dinner Lab host 2nd Miami Dinner Saturday, September 19
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail