Clink: Ponce Sidecar & Pomegranate Martini
Channel Frank and Marilyn by ordering one of these old school-inspired cocktails. Fedora and arm candy sold separately.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Christy's in Coral Gables is the type of restaurant where you'll feel right at home. With an elegant, dimly lit dining room dotted with plush red booths, this is the kind of place where first dates, birthday dinners and anniversaries have been celebrated for 30 years. It's also the kind of place where one might expect the Rat Pack or Marilyn Monroe to have dined, filling up on classic steak dishes and sophisticated sips such as the Ponce Sidecar that's as refreshing as it is classic.
Add 1.5 ounces of Hennessy VSOP cognac, 3/4 ounces of Cointreau and 1/4 ounce of fresh lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Christy's Triple Eight Pomegranate Martini
Pour 2 ounces of Triple Eight orange vodka, 1 ounce of PAMA pomegranate liqueur and 1/2 ounce of fresh lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Add a dash of rose water, if available. Garnish with a flaming orange peel and serve.
Cocktails are around $12 Christy's, 3101 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, 305-446-1400
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Sneak Peek: cocktails at the new Lure Fishbar at the Loews
- Portofino Wine Bank hosts exclusive champagne tasting for its 10th anniversary
- Speakeasy-style bar opens in Fort Lauderdale
- 'Eat Your Words:' a culinary conversation with local writers and top chef Mark Zeitouni at The Standard Miami Beach
- Enjoy craft spirits and beer in Miami this weekend
- Sneak Peek: Public House Opens on Miami Beach in October
- Sweetwater Beer Garden Pop-Up Opens in South Beach
- Michy's Cocktail Menu
- Michy’s Introduces First Cocktail Menu