Clink: Political sips
Has this election driven you to drink, too? Then you're in luck!
By Aurora Rodríguez
Undecided votes, political parties and debates might be the talk of the town before the Nov. 4th election, but the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne's Dune Oceanfront Lounge is the talk of those seeking an escape from it all. The lounge's Sunday evening party - featuring dance music and signature Dune nibbles such as ceviche spoonfuls - is the best way to kick back oceanside without having to brave South Beach. We're sure both candidates would rather be here than pounding the trail, but they're here in spirit -- or spirits, rather -- in the form of the McSugar Cain Mojito and the Margarita on Baracks. Whip 'em up at your election-themed party. May the best cocktail win.
McSugar Cain Mojito
Combine limes, mint, simple syrup and raspberries and muddle into the bottom of a chilled cocktail shaker. Add ice, 1/4 ounce of Bacardi Razz and a 1/4 ounce Bacardi Superior. Shake and pour into a Hurricane glass and top off with club soda. Garnish with a sugar cane stick.
Margarita on Baracks
Combine 1 1/4 ounces of Herredurra Silver tequila, 1/8 ounce Cointreau, 1/8 ounce of passion fruit juice and 1/8 oz of lime juice over ice inside a chilled cocktail shaker. In a Hurricane glass, add ice and 1/8 ounce of cranberry juice, then pour in the contents of the shaker. Add a 1/8-ounce floater of Grand Marnier. Garnish with a slice of lime and a half wheel of orange. Serve with or without salt.
Cocktails are aboout $15 at Dune Oceanfront Lounge in The Ritz Carlton, 455 Grand Bay Dr. Key Biscayne; 305-365-4500.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar
- A splash of luxury on the Miami River
- Where to get your Octoberfest on in Miami
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- 5 Miami Beach spots that take brunching to a whole new level
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar