Clink: Political sips
Has this election driven you to drink, too? Then you're in luck!
By Aurora Rodríguez
Undecided votes, political parties and debates might be the talk of the town before the Nov. 4th election, but the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne's Dune Oceanfront Lounge is the talk of those seeking an escape from it all. The lounge's Sunday evening party - featuring dance music and signature Dune nibbles such as ceviche spoonfuls - is the best way to kick back oceanside without having to brave South Beach. We're sure both candidates would rather be here than pounding the trail, but they're here in spirit -- or spirits, rather -- in the form of the McSugar Cain Mojito and the Margarita on Baracks. Whip 'em up at your election-themed party. May the best cocktail win.
McSugar Cain Mojito
Combine limes, mint, simple syrup and raspberries and muddle into the bottom of a chilled cocktail shaker. Add ice, 1/4 ounce of Bacardi Razz and a 1/4 ounce Bacardi Superior. Shake and pour into a Hurricane glass and top off with club soda. Garnish with a sugar cane stick.
Margarita on Baracks
Combine 1 1/4 ounces of Herredurra Silver tequila, 1/8 ounce Cointreau, 1/8 ounce of passion fruit juice and 1/8 oz of lime juice over ice inside a chilled cocktail shaker. In a Hurricane glass, add ice and 1/8 ounce of cranberry juice, then pour in the contents of the shaker. Add a 1/8-ounce floater of Grand Marnier. Garnish with a slice of lime and a half wheel of orange. Serve with or without salt.
Cocktails are aboout $15 at Dune Oceanfront Lounge in The Ritz Carlton, 455 Grand Bay Dr. Key Biscayne; 305-365-4500.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach
- Go Drink This: Coquito