Clink Pink: Drinks for a cause
Here is a pair of cocktails whose proceeds benefit the fight against breast cancer. We’ll drink to that!
Cocktail lovers looking for a way to give back during Breast Cancer Awareness Month have a choice of trying two cocktails at two local Miami hot-spots with proceeds going towards the cause. Plunge at the Gansevoort South is serving the Pink Elephant - a strawberry mojito-like libation - and $1 of each drink sold goes towards Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in honor of Meredith Israel and Brooke Pallot, local women battling the disease. Also, the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach is offering the Pinkie Promise, a berry-packed tangy martini, with $1 of proceeds going towards the battle against breast cancer. Here’s to sipping for a good cause.
Pink Elephant @ Gansevoort South
Prepare a chilled cocktail glass
Muddle one sprig (5-6 leaves) of fresh mint
Muddle 2 ripe strawberries
Add 2 ounces Grey Goose Pear vodka
Add .5 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice
Add .5 ounces of Agave nectar
Add 2 ounces of champagne
Serve in a short cocktail glass
Garnish with a strawberry and mint leaf
Cocktail is $13 at Plunge at the Gansevoort South, 2377 Collins Ave., 305-604-1000.
Pinkie Promise @ Fontainebleau
Prepare a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Muddle 3-4 fresh raspberries
Add 1.5 ounces of Ketel One Citroen vodka
Pour .75 ounces of rock candy syrup
Pour .5 ounces of Sonoma pomegranate syrup
Pour .75 ounces of cranberry juice
Pour 1 ounce fresh lemon sour
Squeeze in the juice of half a lime
Strain mix into a martini glass
Garnish with 3 raspberries on a pick with a lemon twist wrapped around
Cocktail is $10 at all Fontainebleau bars and lounges, 4441 Collins Ave., 305-538-2000.
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to get a 24-karat gold infused margarita on National Tequila Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend
- 5 way to get your drink on without breaking the bank this weekend
- Is this hidden garden lounge Brickell's best kept secret?
- Sip your way to a happy Independence Day with these cocktail recipes
- Why gin is the liquor of choice at the Traymore
- Where to find the best Mojito in your Miami neighborhood