Clink Pink: Drinks for a cause
Here is a pair of cocktails whose proceeds benefit the fight against breast cancer. We’ll drink to that!
Cocktail lovers looking for a way to give back during Breast Cancer Awareness Month have a choice of trying two cocktails at two local Miami hot-spots with proceeds going towards the cause. Plunge at the Gansevoort South is serving the Pink Elephant - a strawberry mojito-like libation - and $1 of each drink sold goes towards Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in honor of Meredith Israel and Brooke Pallot, local women battling the disease. Also, the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach is offering the Pinkie Promise, a berry-packed tangy martini, with $1 of proceeds going towards the battle against breast cancer. Here’s to sipping for a good cause.
Pink Elephant @ Gansevoort South
Prepare a chilled cocktail glass
Muddle one sprig (5-6 leaves) of fresh mint
Muddle 2 ripe strawberries
Add 2 ounces Grey Goose Pear vodka
Add .5 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice
Add .5 ounces of Agave nectar
Add 2 ounces of champagne
Serve in a short cocktail glass
Garnish with a strawberry and mint leaf
Cocktail is $13 at Plunge at the Gansevoort South, 2377 Collins Ave., 305-604-1000.
Pinkie Promise @ Fontainebleau
Prepare a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Muddle 3-4 fresh raspberries
Add 1.5 ounces of Ketel One Citroen vodka
Pour .75 ounces of rock candy syrup
Pour .5 ounces of Sonoma pomegranate syrup
Pour .75 ounces of cranberry juice
Pour 1 ounce fresh lemon sour
Squeeze in the juice of half a lime
Strain mix into a martini glass
Garnish with 3 raspberries on a pick with a lemon twist wrapped around
Cocktail is $10 at all Fontainebleau bars and lounges, 4441 Collins Ave., 305-538-2000.
- Is this South Beach spot a lounge, nightclub or restaurant?
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- Why Miami's oldest bar is new again
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- How to get a taste of this top South Beach hot spot without the line
- New app HOOCH is every cocktail lover's dream
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 21 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub