Clink: Perfect Storm
Make one of the signature cocktails at 8 oz. Burger Bar and see if you can reach perfection.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Located off Alton Road, 8 oz Burger Bar is the type of cozy – and affordable – restaurant foodies have been craving. With recipes by Govind Armstrong of Table 8 fame, the spot boasts an impressive menu of juicy burgers and exotic sides that go perfect with its laid-back bar/lounge atmosphere perfect for locals.
Don’t leave without sipping on a Domaine de Canton-tinged Perfect Storm or Thai Gimlet.
The fresh tastes will have you wishing summer came earlier and thankful for spring treats.
Muddle 5 mint leaves into a cocktail glass.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Atlantico Rum, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueour, .75 ounces of limejuice and .5 ounces of simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a cocktail glass and top off with 1 ounce of ginger beer.
Garnish with a mint leaf.
Muddle a jalapeño and basil leaves into a cocktail shaker.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Citrus vodka, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton liqueour, .75 ounces of fresh-squeezed limejuice and .75 ounces of simple syrup into the shaker.
Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a basil leaf..
Cocktails are $12 at 8 oz. Burger Bar, 1080 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8246.
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub
- Sip & Savor: garden-to-glass cocktails waterfront at American Social Brickell
- 5 cocktails inspired by Mother's Day
- Sip & Savor: Cocktails in refined, laid-back space at beach's Sweet Liberty
- 10 spring-inspired cocktails that will knock your socks off
- Bazi to launch new Shanghai Nights menu every Sunday
- The Raleigh hosts cocktail competition featuring The Famous Grouse
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke