Clink: Perfect Storm
Make one of the signature cocktails at 8 oz. Burger Bar and see if you can reach perfection.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Located off Alton Road, 8 oz Burger Bar is the type of cozy – and affordable – restaurant foodies have been craving. With recipes by Govind Armstrong of Table 8 fame, the spot boasts an impressive menu of juicy burgers and exotic sides that go perfect with its laid-back bar/lounge atmosphere perfect for locals.
Don’t leave without sipping on a Domaine de Canton-tinged Perfect Storm or Thai Gimlet.
The fresh tastes will have you wishing summer came earlier and thankful for spring treats.
Muddle 5 mint leaves into a cocktail glass.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Atlantico Rum, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueour, .75 ounces of limejuice and .5 ounces of simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a cocktail glass and top off with 1 ounce of ginger beer.
Garnish with a mint leaf.
Muddle a jalapeño and basil leaves into a cocktail shaker.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Citrus vodka, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton liqueour, .75 ounces of fresh-squeezed limejuice and .75 ounces of simple syrup into the shaker.
Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a basil leaf..
Cocktails are $12 at 8 oz. Burger Bar, 1080 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8246.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts