Clink: Perfect Storm
Make one of the signature cocktails at 8 oz. Burger Bar and see if you can reach perfection.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Located off Alton Road, 8 oz Burger Bar is the type of cozy – and affordable – restaurant foodies have been craving. With recipes by Govind Armstrong of Table 8 fame, the spot boasts an impressive menu of juicy burgers and exotic sides that go perfect with its laid-back bar/lounge atmosphere perfect for locals.
Don’t leave without sipping on a Domaine de Canton-tinged Perfect Storm or Thai Gimlet.
The fresh tastes will have you wishing summer came earlier and thankful for spring treats.
Muddle 5 mint leaves into a cocktail glass.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Atlantico Rum, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueour, .75 ounces of limejuice and .5 ounces of simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a cocktail glass and top off with 1 ounce of ginger beer.
Garnish with a mint leaf.
Muddle a jalapeño and basil leaves into a cocktail shaker.
Fill with ice.
Add 1.25 ounces of Citrus vodka, .75 ounces of Domaine de Canton liqueour, .75 ounces of fresh-squeezed limejuice and .75 ounces of simple syrup into the shaker.
Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a basil leaf..
Cocktails are $12 at 8 oz. Burger Bar, 1080 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8246.
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator