Clink: Pelican Chocotini & Cranberry Mimosa
This spot proves there are still places along Ocean Drive where you can get a drink that doesn't come out of a Slurpee machine.
By Aurora Rodríguez
It's easy for locals and out-of-towners alike strolling along bustling Ocean Drive to miss The Pelican, a retro boutique hotel quirkily decorated with vintage knick knacks such as brightly colored rotary phones, classic frames and neon lighting. Designed by Magnus Ehrland, the rooms are decorated based on cheeky themes such as "Best Whorehouse" and "Love, Peace & Leafforest," ensuring your home-away-from-home experience is miles away from your ordinary, everyday living room. Also ensuring a taste of the eccentric are the hotel's signature cocktails, including the decadent chocolate martini and refreshing cranberry mimosa. Here's to a night less ordinary.
The Pelican Chocotini
Fill a martini shaker with crushed ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka (Svedka preferred) and 1 ounce of white crème de cacao (Bols preferred). Shake vigorously. Strain into a stemmed cocktail/martini glass and cover rim with Stirrings chocolate powder. Garnish with a chocolate mint stick.
Fill half a champagne glass with chilled cranberry juice and top off with your favorite champagne or prosecco. Garnish with a licorice stick.
Cocktails are about $11 at The Pelican Hotel, 826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach; 305-673-3373.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- Class up your party with a DIY Champagne Tower