Clink: Pelican Chocotini & Cranberry Mimosa
This spot proves there are still places along Ocean Drive where you can get a drink that doesn't come out of a Slurpee machine.
By Aurora Rodríguez
It's easy for locals and out-of-towners alike strolling along bustling Ocean Drive to miss The Pelican, a retro boutique hotel quirkily decorated with vintage knick knacks such as brightly colored rotary phones, classic frames and neon lighting. Designed by Magnus Ehrland, the rooms are decorated based on cheeky themes such as "Best Whorehouse" and "Love, Peace & Leafforest," ensuring your home-away-from-home experience is miles away from your ordinary, everyday living room. Also ensuring a taste of the eccentric are the hotel's signature cocktails, including the decadent chocolate martini and refreshing cranberry mimosa. Here's to a night less ordinary.
The Pelican Chocotini
Fill a martini shaker with crushed ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka (Svedka preferred) and 1 ounce of white crème de cacao (Bols preferred). Shake vigorously. Strain into a stemmed cocktail/martini glass and cover rim with Stirrings chocolate powder. Garnish with a chocolate mint stick.
Fill half a champagne glass with chilled cranberry juice and top off with your favorite champagne or prosecco. Garnish with a licorice stick.
Cocktails are about $11 at The Pelican Hotel, 826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach; 305-673-3373.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer