Clink: Pelican Chocotini & Cranberry Mimosa
This spot proves there are still places along Ocean Drive where you can get a drink that doesn't come out of a Slurpee machine.
By Aurora Rodríguez
It's easy for locals and out-of-towners alike strolling along bustling Ocean Drive to miss The Pelican, a retro boutique hotel quirkily decorated with vintage knick knacks such as brightly colored rotary phones, classic frames and neon lighting. Designed by Magnus Ehrland, the rooms are decorated based on cheeky themes such as "Best Whorehouse" and "Love, Peace & Leafforest," ensuring your home-away-from-home experience is miles away from your ordinary, everyday living room. Also ensuring a taste of the eccentric are the hotel's signature cocktails, including the decadent chocolate martini and refreshing cranberry mimosa. Here's to a night less ordinary.
The Pelican Chocotini
Fill a martini shaker with crushed ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka (Svedka preferred) and 1 ounce of white crème de cacao (Bols preferred). Shake vigorously. Strain into a stemmed cocktail/martini glass and cover rim with Stirrings chocolate powder. Garnish with a chocolate mint stick.
Fill half a champagne glass with chilled cranberry juice and top off with your favorite champagne or prosecco. Garnish with a licorice stick.
Cocktails are about $11 at The Pelican Hotel, 826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach; 305-673-3373.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews