Clink: Pearl Necklace
Only a sushi joint like Shiso could have the guts to prepare a drink like this.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Only a sushi joint as intimate as Shiso would have the guts to prepare signature drinks with names and flavors that would make the biggest cocktail connoisseur blush. Located around the corner from Purdy Avenue, the dimly lit lounge-resto offers limited seating and sake-packed drinks with a punch – prepared by their edgy mixologist Christian Gonzalez – such as their naughtily sweet Pearl Necklace. Dare to give it a try?
Shiso’s Pearl Necklace
Add 1½ ounces of unfiltered Milky Sake and ½ an ounce of coconut milk into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a stemless martini glass.
Add a splash of mango nectar and a splash of lychee juice.
Garnish with coconut and chocolate shavings on top and with two lychees stuffed with tiny marshmallows.
The Pearl Necklace is around $12 at Shiso, 1418 20th St, Miami Beach; 305-672-1119.
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle