Clink: Pearl Necklace
Only a sushi joint like Shiso could have the guts to prepare a drink like this.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Only a sushi joint as intimate as Shiso would have the guts to prepare signature drinks with names and flavors that would make the biggest cocktail connoisseur blush. Located around the corner from Purdy Avenue, the dimly lit lounge-resto offers limited seating and sake-packed drinks with a punch – prepared by their edgy mixologist Christian Gonzalez – such as their naughtily sweet Pearl Necklace. Dare to give it a try?
Shiso’s Pearl Necklace
Add 1½ ounces of unfiltered Milky Sake and ½ an ounce of coconut milk into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a stemless martini glass.
Add a splash of mango nectar and a splash of lychee juice.
Garnish with coconut and chocolate shavings on top and with two lychees stuffed with tiny marshmallows.
The Pearl Necklace is around $12 at Shiso, 1418 20th St, Miami Beach; 305-672-1119.
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- DeLeón and Richie Petronzi create tequila-inspired 'off-the-menu' cocktail at The Regent Cocktail Club
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito