Clink: Pearl Necklace
Only a sushi joint like Shiso could have the guts to prepare a drink like this.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Only a sushi joint as intimate as Shiso would have the guts to prepare signature drinks with names and flavors that would make the biggest cocktail connoisseur blush. Located around the corner from Purdy Avenue, the dimly lit lounge-resto offers limited seating and sake-packed drinks with a punch – prepared by their edgy mixologist Christian Gonzalez – such as their naughtily sweet Pearl Necklace. Dare to give it a try?
Shiso’s Pearl Necklace
Add 1½ ounces of unfiltered Milky Sake and ½ an ounce of coconut milk into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a stemless martini glass.
Add a splash of mango nectar and a splash of lychee juice.
Garnish with coconut and chocolate shavings on top and with two lychees stuffed with tiny marshmallows.
The Pearl Necklace is around $12 at Shiso, 1418 20th St, Miami Beach; 305-672-1119.
- J. Wakefield Brewery releases special Basel-inspired brews
- Buy a beer for a hometown hero at BJ's Brewhouse
- A lavish happy hour spot for Beach goers
- NaiYaRa could just be Miami's perfect post-work getaway
- Jack Daniels brings pop up to Wynwood this month
- Craft Social Club introduces craft bottle service and mixology on tap to Miami
- Pembroke Pines has a new drinking den
- Miracle Mile gets its first speakeasy-style cocktail den
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar