Clink: Pearl Necklace
Only a sushi joint like Shiso could have the guts to prepare a drink like this.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Only a sushi joint as intimate as Shiso would have the guts to prepare signature drinks with names and flavors that would make the biggest cocktail connoisseur blush. Located around the corner from Purdy Avenue, the dimly lit lounge-resto offers limited seating and sake-packed drinks with a punch – prepared by their edgy mixologist Christian Gonzalez – such as their naughtily sweet Pearl Necklace. Dare to give it a try?
Shiso’s Pearl Necklace
Add 1½ ounces of unfiltered Milky Sake and ½ an ounce of coconut milk into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a stemless martini glass.
Add a splash of mango nectar and a splash of lychee juice.
Garnish with coconut and chocolate shavings on top and with two lychees stuffed with tiny marshmallows.
The Pearl Necklace is around $12 at Shiso, 1418 20th St, Miami Beach; 305-672-1119.
- Is this South Beach spot a lounge, nightclub or restaurant?
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- Why Miami's oldest bar is new again
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- How to get a taste of this top South Beach hot spot without the line
- New app HOOCH is every cocktail lover's dream
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 21 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub