Clink: Pearl Necklace
Only a sushi joint like Shiso could have the guts to prepare a drink like this.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Only a sushi joint as intimate as Shiso would have the guts to prepare signature drinks with names and flavors that would make the biggest cocktail connoisseur blush. Located around the corner from Purdy Avenue, the dimly lit lounge-resto offers limited seating and sake-packed drinks with a punch – prepared by their edgy mixologist Christian Gonzalez – such as their naughtily sweet Pearl Necklace. Dare to give it a try?
Shiso’s Pearl Necklace
Add 1½ ounces of unfiltered Milky Sake and ½ an ounce of coconut milk into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour into a stemless martini glass.
Add a splash of mango nectar and a splash of lychee juice.
Garnish with coconut and chocolate shavings on top and with two lychees stuffed with tiny marshmallows.
The Pearl Necklace is around $12 at Shiso, 1418 20th St, Miami Beach; 305-672-1119.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts