Clink: Oronco Star
Get star fruit struck with this rum-infused cocktail.
By Jaweed Kaleem
Brosia serves the tropical Oronoco Star.
At Brosia, a Mediterranean restaurant open in the Design District since December, they're serving the Oronoco Star, a light, semi-sweet cocktail straight from the tropics, made with Brazilian rum and fresh star fruit.
"It's a very subtle sweetness, a very clean taste," says bartender Capri Colello. "The added rosemary gives it a nice, soft finish."
D.I.Y.: In a mixing glass, muddle three slices of star fruit and a rosemary sprig (remove leaves from the stem) with 1/2 ounce simple syrup. Pour into a cocktail shaker with 11/4 ounces rum (such as Oronoco), shake and pour into a rocks glass, then top with splashes of ginger ale and sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of star fruit and a rosemary sprig.
Or try it in the restaurant's large courtyard with mosaic walls, white columns and tall oak trees while checking out the scenery in this arty neighborhood.
The Oronoco Star is $11 at Brosia, 163 NE 39th St.; 305-572-1400.
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator