Clink: Nuvo-Dream & Zen Martini
Sake at a Japanese restaurant? How cliche.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Tucked inside Brickell's urban shopping spot Mary Brickell Village is new(ish) sushi joint Abokado, which offers a Zen-like experience for both raw fish and cocktail lovers alike. Order up a couple of their signature rolls such as the El Diablo, spicy crab tempura and avocado, to go along with the restaurant's signature strawberry-topped bubbly potion Nuvo-Dream and eat and drink in perfect harmony.
Take 1 orange thumbprint, squeeze and drop into a chilled champagne flute. Drop 4 ice cubes and one sliced strawberry into the glass. Add 1 ounce of St. Germain liqueur and 2 ounces of Nuvo sparkling vodka. Top off the rest of the glass with 3.5 ounces of Cava.
Muddle 4 slices of cucumber and 1.5 ounces of Key lime mix into a glass shaker. Fill with ice. Add 3.5 ounces of Tanqueray Rangpur gin, 3 drops of Tabasco sauce and 1/4 ounces of simple syrup. Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a dash of green Tabasco and a cucumber slice.
Abokado cocktails are about $14 at Abokado, 901 South Miami Ave., Mary Brickell Village; 305-347-3700.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator