Clink: Nuvo-Dream & Zen Martini
Sake at a Japanese restaurant? How cliche.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Tucked inside Brickell's urban shopping spot Mary Brickell Village is new(ish) sushi joint Abokado, which offers a Zen-like experience for both raw fish and cocktail lovers alike. Order up a couple of their signature rolls such as the El Diablo, spicy crab tempura and avocado, to go along with the restaurant's signature strawberry-topped bubbly potion Nuvo-Dream and eat and drink in perfect harmony.
Take 1 orange thumbprint, squeeze and drop into a chilled champagne flute. Drop 4 ice cubes and one sliced strawberry into the glass. Add 1 ounce of St. Germain liqueur and 2 ounces of Nuvo sparkling vodka. Top off the rest of the glass with 3.5 ounces of Cava.
Muddle 4 slices of cucumber and 1.5 ounces of Key lime mix into a glass shaker. Fill with ice. Add 3.5 ounces of Tanqueray Rangpur gin, 3 drops of Tabasco sauce and 1/4 ounces of simple syrup. Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a dash of green Tabasco and a cucumber slice.
Abokado cocktails are about $14 at Abokado, 901 South Miami Ave., Mary Brickell Village; 305-347-3700.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Toast Mac's Club Deuce owner as he turns 100
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail