Clink: Nuvo-Dream & Zen Martini
Sake at a Japanese restaurant? How cliche.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Tucked inside Brickell's urban shopping spot Mary Brickell Village is new(ish) sushi joint Abokado, which offers a Zen-like experience for both raw fish and cocktail lovers alike. Order up a couple of their signature rolls such as the El Diablo, spicy crab tempura and avocado, to go along with the restaurant's signature strawberry-topped bubbly potion Nuvo-Dream and eat and drink in perfect harmony.
Take 1 orange thumbprint, squeeze and drop into a chilled champagne flute. Drop 4 ice cubes and one sliced strawberry into the glass. Add 1 ounce of St. Germain liqueur and 2 ounces of Nuvo sparkling vodka. Top off the rest of the glass with 3.5 ounces of Cava.
Muddle 4 slices of cucumber and 1.5 ounces of Key lime mix into a glass shaker. Fill with ice. Add 3.5 ounces of Tanqueray Rangpur gin, 3 drops of Tabasco sauce and 1/4 ounces of simple syrup. Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a dash of green Tabasco and a cucumber slice.
Abokado cocktails are about $14 at Abokado, 901 South Miami Ave., Mary Brickell Village; 305-347-3700.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest