Clink: New Year's Eve cocktails
It's time to party like it's 2009.
By Aurora Rodríguez
2008: The year of Obama, the iPhone and Britney (once again). Simply popping a bottle of Brut on New Year's Eve, then, doesn't seem to do this crazy year justice. Instead, go for one of the champagne cocktails below, which you can either sip in various hot spots around town or serve at your own NYE soiree. Here's to a new year with more bubbly... and less Britney.
D.I.Y. and F.Y.I.
Add 2 ounces of HPNOTIQ, 1 ounce of Limoncello and a splash of limejuice in a chilled cocktail shaker. Shake softly. Rim a Champagne flute with a light coat of sugar. Pour chilled mixture into champagne flute. Top off with 1 ounce of champagne.
Cocktail is about $12 at Dream nightclub, 1532 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-674-4444
Add 2 ounces of Svedka raspberry vodka and 1/2 an ounce of simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake softly. Pour into a chilled champagne glass. Add 15 pearls of caviar as a garnish and top off with one ounce of champagne.
Cocktail is about $14 at SushiSamba Dromo, 600 Lincoln Road; 305-673-5337
Add 2 ounces of Stolichnaya Strasberi, 1 ounce of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur and 1/2 an ounce of strawberry puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake softly and serve into a chilled champagne glass. Top off with champagne (Moet and Chandon recommended).
Cocktail is about $19 at Blade in the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave, Miami; 305-674-4690
Add 1 1/2 ounces of Jack Daniels, 1 ounce of rosemary simple syrup, 1/2 ounce of lemon juice, 2 dashes of maple syrup and 1 1/2 ounces of apple cider to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a cut rocks glass with cubed ice. Garnish with a rosemary spring and amarena cherry.
The Jackie Rose is about $16 at The Florida Room in The Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
Add 1/2 ounce blackberry liqueur and Chambord and 1/2 ounce of Kir Royale for an extra twist. Top off with your champagne of choice (Moet and Chandon recommended). Add caviar on top, as many as desired, as a floater and garnish.
The Glamorous Royale is about $16 at Hed Kandi Lounge, 1200 Washington Avenue, South Beach; (305) 283-1664
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space