Clink: Mokai mixers
Red Bull and vodka is so Britney Spears circa 2005. Down a Nikolai Shot to keep up with the cool kids.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Mokai is the type of edgy yet intimate lounge that can easily transform itself from Brazilian samba party to celebrity page-worthy event in the blink of an eye. Known for parties that start getting good way past midnight, it's a good thing they serve up The Nikolai Shot, a quick fix for late night drowsiness that includes ground capuccino beans and enough sugar to help you keep up with the rest of South Beach's elite.
Mokai may be intimate, but not as intimate as your own living room -- here's how to make their signature cocktails every weekend. (And the days in between.)
The Nikolai Shot
Add 1 1/4 ounces of vodka (Belvedere preferred) into a shaker glass and shake until chilled. Pour into shot glass. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and pinch of coffee grinds onto lemon wheel. Squeeze lemon over shot glass so lemon juice, sugar and coffee drip into vodka, and drink.
Pour 1 1/4 ounces of vodka (Belvedere preferred), 3/4 ounces Midori liqueur, 1 ounce of passion fruit juice and 1 ounce of sour mix into highball glass filled with ice. Shake and garnish with slice of kiwi.
Add 3 ounces vodka ((Belvedere preferred) into a shaker filled with ice. Muddle I ounce of fresh kiwi until it becomes a purée and add to shaker along with 1 ounce sour mix. Shake well. Pour in chilled martini glass and garnish with slice of kiwi.
Mokai cocktails are about $15 at Mokai, 235 23rd St, Miami Beach; 305-695-0288
Clinked here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff