Clink: Mango Martini
Mango madness at Chef Allen’s
By Aurora Rodríguez
Those driving north up busy Biscayne Boulevard looking for a homey spot for an elegant meal should not even think twice about choosing Chef Allen’s. The restaurant is where couples go on a weekday to unwind, families are welcome and young professionals prop themselves on the bar for a cocktail and a chat. And don’t be surprised if while dining owner and chef Allen Susser stops by for a chat to make sure you’re pleased with your meal – which could be anything from fresh seafood to rich steaks.
Susser is a fan of fresh Florida mangoes and will surely recommend you end or start your meal with the restaurant’s signature Mango Martini, created by the cooking maestro himself. Stop by for a sip or mix it at home for a group of local fruit-loving buddies.
Chef Allen’s Mango Martini
Add 4 ounces of mango-infused vodka or mango-flavored vodka such as Van Gogh or Belvedere and 2 ounces of fresh mango puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Add a ½ an ounce splash of simple syrup.
Serve into a chilled martini glass and garnish with cubes of fresh mango.
The Mango Martini is around $12 at Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura, FL; (305) 935-2900.
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle
- Go Drink This: Clicquot Rich and Peppers