Clink: Mango Martini
Mango madness at Chef Allen’s
By Aurora Rodríguez
Those driving north up busy Biscayne Boulevard looking for a homey spot for an elegant meal should not even think twice about choosing Chef Allen’s. The restaurant is where couples go on a weekday to unwind, families are welcome and young professionals prop themselves on the bar for a cocktail and a chat. And don’t be surprised if while dining owner and chef Allen Susser stops by for a chat to make sure you’re pleased with your meal – which could be anything from fresh seafood to rich steaks.
Susser is a fan of fresh Florida mangoes and will surely recommend you end or start your meal with the restaurant’s signature Mango Martini, created by the cooking maestro himself. Stop by for a sip or mix it at home for a group of local fruit-loving buddies.
Chef Allen’s Mango Martini
Add 4 ounces of mango-infused vodka or mango-flavored vodka such as Van Gogh or Belvedere and 2 ounces of fresh mango puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Add a ½ an ounce splash of simple syrup.
Serve into a chilled martini glass and garnish with cubes of fresh mango.
The Mango Martini is around $12 at Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura, FL; (305) 935-2900.
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator