These cocktails from this Dominican restaurant will take you to that island vacation you're craving.
Mamajuana Café is known for its delicious Domincan tapas menu peppered with Caribbean influences. So accompany that puerco asado with a delish cocktail meant to take you back to that island vacation. The Mamajuana Margarita – a lime juice and tamarindo-fruit tangy libation – will have you ordering seconds at the bustling bar.
Prepare a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Add 1½ ounces of Jimador tequila
Add ½ ounce of Mamajuana liqueur
Add 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
Add ½ ounce of triple sec
Top off with tamarindo puree
Serve in a tall cocktail glass rimmed with salt
Garnish with a fresh lime slice
Prepare chilled cocktail glass
Muddle fresh lime slices to the bottom of the glass
Muddle a fresh raspberry to the bottom of the glass
Add a dash of mint and simple syrup
Add 1½ ounces of Bacardi Superior
Add a splash of soda
Garnish with a mint leaf and raspberry
Cocktails are around $12 at Mamajuana Café, 225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables; 305-443-0505.
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class