Clink: Lemon Vanilla & Blood Orange Martinis
Go to Macy's, then for a martini. Or vice versa.
By Aurora Rodríguez
No matter what day and time you decide to brave Aventura Mall, going from store to store without tripping over a mom and her baby carriage or a group of giggling teens is nearly impossible. Thankfully, The Grill on the Alley - a restaurant made famous in equally shop-happy Los Angeles - just opened its doors, and is the perfect respite for a quick cocktail far away from the masses.
To go along with comfort American food bites with a twist such as jumbo onion rings or Kobe burger with a truffle spread, we suggest their signature Lemon Vanilla or Blood Orange Martini. The perfect blend of sweet and sour will surely get you ready for round two of shopping, no matter who or what might get in your way.
Lemon Vanilla Martini
Add 1.5 ounces of vodka, .5 ounce of Navan liqueur, .5 ounce of fresh lemon juice and .5 ounce of simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour and serve into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lemon wedge and sugar rim.
Blood Orange Martini
Add 1.5 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of fresh squeezed orange juice, .5 ounce of Monin Blood Orange syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour and serve into a chilled martini glass and garnish with an orange half-wheel and sugar rim.
Cocktails are about $12 at The Grill on The Alley, 19575 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura; 305-446-7195
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff