Clink: Kobe Club cocktails
Now, you can have your Johnnie Walker Black and your girlie drink, too.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Kobe Club's known best for dramatically upscale dining - complete with gothic-chic décor and 2,000 samurai swords that eerily taunt you from the ceiling as you dig into rare cuts of beef - their cocktails offer a different type of adventure. The restaurant's Black Pearl - a standout mix of Johnnie Walker Black, apricot and pomegranate flavors - is a refreshingly tasty cocktail that stems from the usually hard-to-mix scotch, proving that the venue doesn't only make their steaks "well done."
Add 2 ounces of lemon-infused Ciroc Vodka, 1 ounce of mango rum, 1 ounce of pineapple juice and 1 ounce of cranberry juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve into a tumbler glass filled with ice and garnish with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
Add 2 ounces of Johnnie Walker Black, 1.5 ounces of apricot brandy and 1/4 ounces of pomegranate sour syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a highball glass over ice. Add a splash of ginger ale. Garnish with a cherry.
Add 2 ounces of vanilla vodka, 1 ounce of amaretto liqueur, 1 ounce of crème of coconut and a splash of pineapple juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple slice.
Drinks are about $15 at Kobe Club Miami, 404 Washington Ave., South Beach; 305-673-5370.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar