Clink: Kobe Club cocktails
Now, you can have your Johnnie Walker Black and your girlie drink, too.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Kobe Club's known best for dramatically upscale dining - complete with gothic-chic décor and 2,000 samurai swords that eerily taunt you from the ceiling as you dig into rare cuts of beef - their cocktails offer a different type of adventure. The restaurant's Black Pearl - a standout mix of Johnnie Walker Black, apricot and pomegranate flavors - is a refreshingly tasty cocktail that stems from the usually hard-to-mix scotch, proving that the venue doesn't only make their steaks "well done."
Add 2 ounces of lemon-infused Ciroc Vodka, 1 ounce of mango rum, 1 ounce of pineapple juice and 1 ounce of cranberry juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve into a tumbler glass filled with ice and garnish with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
Add 2 ounces of Johnnie Walker Black, 1.5 ounces of apricot brandy and 1/4 ounces of pomegranate sour syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a highball glass over ice. Add a splash of ginger ale. Garnish with a cherry.
Add 2 ounces of vanilla vodka, 1 ounce of amaretto liqueur, 1 ounce of crème of coconut and a splash of pineapple juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple slice.
Drinks are about $15 at Kobe Club Miami, 404 Washington Ave., South Beach; 305-673-5370.
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- The Best Cocktails To Sip in Miami On National Rum Day
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- La Moderna serves up cocktails with personality
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Tampa's Brenda Terry named Most Imaginative Bartender Miami
- Radio Bar hosts monthly series of mixology classes
- Mixologists to compete in Miami for Most Imaginative Bartender title
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara