Clink: Key Lime Pie and Cable Car martinis
What's better than dessert? Drinkable, alcoholic dessert, of course.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Bourbon Steak is the type of hip and sophisticated steakhouse sure to attract the young professional power with the boss to the cozy couple looking for something truly special. Before feasting on Chef Michael Mina's American fare -- Maine lobster pot pie, duck fat fries -- indulge in one of their classic cocktails with a modern twist.
Key Lime Pie Martini
Take a chilled martini glass and squeeze a lime around the rim of the glass and dip into crushed graham crackers. Add 1 oz of Licor 43, 1/4 ounces of Stoli Vanilla, 1/4 oz Hangar One lime vodka, 1/2 ounce of limejuice, 1/2 ounce of simple syrup and 1 ounce of cream into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into prepared martini glass and garnish with a lime twist.
Cable Car Martini
Add 1.5 ounces of Captain Morgan original spiced rum, 3/4 ounce of orange Curacao, 1.5 ounces of sour mix and 1/2 an ounce of Bacardi 151 rum into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Dip rim of chilled martini glass into 151-proof rum. Use the 1/4 ounce of cinnamon and 1/4 ounce of sugar to coat the rim of the martini glass. Strain contents of martini shaker into prepared martini glass. Garnish with an orange spiral.
The cocktails are around $14 at Bourbon Steak Miami at the Turnberry Isle and Resort, 19999 W Country Club Drive, Aventura; 305-932-6200. Or, go for their Raise Your Spirits event, 6 to 8 p.m. Mon-Fri, during which cocktails and appetizers are offered at a reduced price.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class