Clink: holiday cocktails
'Tis the season to drink like a fish.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The holidays are here, and with it come the headaches. While it's definitely a time for celebration, it's hard to feel the joy when the malls are packed, your flight is late and that certain family member who's got more questions for you than a game show host.
Below are some warm and snuggly libations from bars all over town that that are sure to get you in the spirit. Or at least through the next couple weeks unscathed.
D.I.Y. and F.Y.I.
305 Candy Cane
Add 2 ounces of Godiva white chocolate liqueur, 1/2 an ounce of crème de menthe and 1 ounce of strawberry and raspberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Serve in a chilled martini glass and garnish with a candy cane.
Cocktail is about $10 at Kitchen 305, 16701 Collins Ave.; 305-949-1300.
Mint and Chip
Add 3/4 ounces Mount Gay Eclipse rum, 3/4 ounces Marie Brizard white crème de cacao, 3/4 ounces Marie Brizard crème de menthe and 3/4 ounces half-n-half into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Serve in a chilled cocktail or martini glass. Garnish with a fresh mint crown and chocolate flakes.
Cocktail is about $14 at Bleau Bar at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-538-2000.
Hennessy Hot Toddy
Add 1 1/2 ounces Hennessy VSOP, 1/2 ounces of maple syrup, 1/2 ounces of fresh lemon juice into a toddy glass. Fill with hot water and stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and freshly grated nutmeg.
Cocktail is about $12 at Grass, 28 NE 20th St., Design District; 305-573-3355.
Place 4 to 6 gooseberries into a mixing cup and muddle with 1 ounce of cinnamon and nutmeg-infused vanilla simple syrup. Add 4 ounces of chilled chocolate orange truffle tea from Mighty Leaf Tea, 1.5 ounces of Spanish brandy and 6 ounces of ice. Shake vigorously and pour into an old-fashioned glass. Garnish with a cinnamon-dusted, dehydrated orange chip and a straw.
Cocktail is about $12 at Neomi's Grill, Trump International Beach Resort, 18001 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles; 305-692-5645.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator