Clink: Guava Lemonade & Peach Saketini
China Grill rocks the glass block and some sweet summer drinks.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Hard core food lovers looking for Japanese-fusion cuisine know China Grill doesn't disappoint with signature dishes like crispy spinach and ahi tuna. The food might keep stomachs rumbling in anticipation, but its the location's reputation for attracting a sophisticated clientele for happy hour or on a Saturday evening for one of their signature mixed drinks that has cocktail lovers buzzing.
Love organic spirits? The Veev-based Guava Lemonade is perfect for sipping on a night out with girlfriends, or try it at home for a girl's night in, along with the Peach Saketini, for a fruity yet not-too-sweet taste of the good life.
Add two ounces Veev acaí berry spirit, 1 ounce guava nectar and 3 squeezed lemon wedges into a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass with a half-sugar coated rim. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Add 2 ounces premium sake, 1 ounce vodka (Imperia vodka preferred) and 1 ounce peach schnapps with 1 ounce peach nectar into a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Guava Lemonade and Peach Saketini are about $14 at China Grill Miami, 404 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-534-2211; and China Grill Fort Lauderdale, 1881 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale; 954-759-9950
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff