Clink: Global Warning
Going green never tasted so good.
By Aurora Rodriguez
You've traded plastic for canvas, an SUV for a hybrid. Toast your earth-friendly efforts with a Global Warning cocktail, a sparkling, fruity concoction featuring VeeV, which claims to be the first "all-natural" alcoholic beverage. It's made from the acaí berry, prickly pear and acerola cherry, and the company says it donates $1 from every bottle sold to rain-forest preservation through the Sustainable Acaí Project.
Muddle 1 orange slice and fresh rosemary into a mixing glass. Add 2 ounces VeeV, 1 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur and ice. Shake well. Strain into a glass and top with club soda.
Global Warning is $14 at Prime 112, 112 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-532-8112.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts