Clink: Global Warning
Going green never tasted so good.
By Aurora Rodriguez
You've traded plastic for canvas, an SUV for a hybrid. Toast your earth-friendly efforts with a Global Warning cocktail, a sparkling, fruity concoction featuring VeeV, which claims to be the first "all-natural" alcoholic beverage. It's made from the acaí berry, prickly pear and acerola cherry, and the company says it donates $1 from every bottle sold to rain-forest preservation through the Sustainable Acaí Project.
Muddle 1 orange slice and fresh rosemary into a mixing glass. Add 2 ounces VeeV, 1 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur and ice. Shake well. Strain into a glass and top with club soda.
Global Warning is $14 at Prime 112, 112 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-532-8112.
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class