Clink: Ginger Passion Martini
This spicy-sweet selection at Casa Tua will have you feeling right at home.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Casa Tua is the type of restaurant that makes you feel at home - literally. Nestled inside a cozy Mediterranean-style house in the middle of the hustle and bustle of South Beach, the country-style Italian restaurant – featuring an airy open kitchen and roomy communal tables for big family and friend gatherings – is the perfect spot to get away from it all while nibbling on some gnocchi and homemade ravioli.
While the wine list is impressive, may we suggest a cocktail as a starter to accompany that Casa Tua tuna tartare? How about the delectably spicy-sweet Domaine de Canton liqueur-based Ginger Passion Martini.
Ginger Passion Martini
Add ¼ ounces of cranberry juice, 4 ounces of vodka, 3 ounces of Domaine de Canton and ½ an ounce of fresh passion fruit puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with red pepper flakes.
The Ginger Passion Martini is around $16 at Casa Tua, 1700 James Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1010.
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September