Clink: Ginger Passion Martini
This spicy-sweet selection at Casa Tua will have you feeling right at home.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Casa Tua is the type of restaurant that makes you feel at home - literally. Nestled inside a cozy Mediterranean-style house in the middle of the hustle and bustle of South Beach, the country-style Italian restaurant – featuring an airy open kitchen and roomy communal tables for big family and friend gatherings – is the perfect spot to get away from it all while nibbling on some gnocchi and homemade ravioli.
While the wine list is impressive, may we suggest a cocktail as a starter to accompany that Casa Tua tuna tartare? How about the delectably spicy-sweet Domaine de Canton liqueur-based Ginger Passion Martini.
Ginger Passion Martini
Add ¼ ounces of cranberry juice, 4 ounces of vodka, 3 ounces of Domaine de Canton and ½ an ounce of fresh passion fruit puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with red pepper flakes.
The Ginger Passion Martini is around $16 at Casa Tua, 1700 James Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1010.
- 10 spring-inspired cocktails that will knock your socks off
- Bazi to launch new Shanghai Nights menu every Sunday
- The Raleigh hosts cocktail competition featuring The Famous Grouse
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015