Clink: Ginger Passion Martini
This spicy-sweet selection at Casa Tua will have you feeling right at home.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Casa Tua is the type of restaurant that makes you feel at home - literally. Nestled inside a cozy Mediterranean-style house in the middle of the hustle and bustle of South Beach, the country-style Italian restaurant – featuring an airy open kitchen and roomy communal tables for big family and friend gatherings – is the perfect spot to get away from it all while nibbling on some gnocchi and homemade ravioli.
While the wine list is impressive, may we suggest a cocktail as a starter to accompany that Casa Tua tuna tartare? How about the delectably spicy-sweet Domaine de Canton liqueur-based Ginger Passion Martini.
Ginger Passion Martini
Add ¼ ounces of cranberry juice, 4 ounces of vodka, 3 ounces of Domaine de Canton and ½ an ounce of fresh passion fruit puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with red pepper flakes.
The Ginger Passion Martini is around $16 at Casa Tua, 1700 James Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1010.
- Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
- Prepare for a rum-soaked week as the Rum Renaissance Festival returns to Miami
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach