Clink: Ginger Passion Martini
This spicy-sweet selection at Casa Tua will have you feeling right at home.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Casa Tua is the type of restaurant that makes you feel at home - literally. Nestled inside a cozy Mediterranean-style house in the middle of the hustle and bustle of South Beach, the country-style Italian restaurant – featuring an airy open kitchen and roomy communal tables for big family and friend gatherings – is the perfect spot to get away from it all while nibbling on some gnocchi and homemade ravioli.
While the wine list is impressive, may we suggest a cocktail as a starter to accompany that Casa Tua tuna tartare? How about the delectably spicy-sweet Domaine de Canton liqueur-based Ginger Passion Martini.
Ginger Passion Martini
Add ¼ ounces of cranberry juice, 4 ounces of vodka, 3 ounces of Domaine de Canton and ½ an ounce of fresh passion fruit puree into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with red pepper flakes.
The Ginger Passion Martini is around $16 at Casa Tua, 1700 James Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1010.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts