Clink: Gemma Bellini & Lemonade
If Lincoln Road's your summer porch, then these cocktails are what you should be a-sippin. Rocking chair not included.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Lincoln Road is best known for a bustling restaurant scene, which hungry locals and tourists invade daily on their quest for diverse dining, the street has a reputation for coming alive for a good party after the dinner plates have been put away.
Gemma Lounge is one of those "word of mouth," er, gems that sophisticated night crawlers head to for an intimate evening and a bird's eye view of Lincoln Road. Located above Italian eatery Rosinella, the upstairs lounge offers fancy décor -- sparkling chandeliers and overstuffed beige couches - to match elegant cocktails such as the Gemma Bellini and Lemonade.
Whip up these drinks, created by Gemma's mixologist David Ortiz, at home and call it a trés fabulous night.
Muddle a small amount of strawberries, kiwi slices, sugar and mint into the bottom of a cocktail shaker and add ice. Add 1 ounce of PAMA Pomegranate liqueur, .5 ounces Aqua Luca Cachaca and .5 ounces of Hypnotiq liqueur. Shake and strain into champagne flute. Top with Prosecco or champagne, as desired.
Gemma PAMA Lemonade
Add 1 ounce PAMA Pomegranate liqueur, 1 ounce Stoli Blueberry Vodka and 1 ounce sour mix to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over a highball glass filled with ice. Top with 1 ounce of 7-Up and add a splash of cranberry juice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
The Gemma Bellini and the Gemma Lemonade are around $14 at Gemma Lounge, 529 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-534-3662
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator