Clink: Gemma Bellini & Lemonade
If Lincoln Road's your summer porch, then these cocktails are what you should be a-sippin. Rocking chair not included.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Lincoln Road is best known for a bustling restaurant scene, which hungry locals and tourists invade daily on their quest for diverse dining, the street has a reputation for coming alive for a good party after the dinner plates have been put away.
Gemma Lounge is one of those "word of mouth," er, gems that sophisticated night crawlers head to for an intimate evening and a bird's eye view of Lincoln Road. Located above Italian eatery Rosinella, the upstairs lounge offers fancy décor -- sparkling chandeliers and overstuffed beige couches - to match elegant cocktails such as the Gemma Bellini and Lemonade.
Whip up these drinks, created by Gemma's mixologist David Ortiz, at home and call it a trés fabulous night.
Muddle a small amount of strawberries, kiwi slices, sugar and mint into the bottom of a cocktail shaker and add ice. Add 1 ounce of PAMA Pomegranate liqueur, .5 ounces Aqua Luca Cachaca and .5 ounces of Hypnotiq liqueur. Shake and strain into champagne flute. Top with Prosecco or champagne, as desired.
Gemma PAMA Lemonade
Add 1 ounce PAMA Pomegranate liqueur, 1 ounce Stoli Blueberry Vodka and 1 ounce sour mix to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over a highball glass filled with ice. Top with 1 ounce of 7-Up and add a splash of cranberry juice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
The Gemma Bellini and the Gemma Lemonade are around $14 at Gemma Lounge, 529 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-534-3662
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach