Clink: Fresh Sugar Cane Mojito
This Nikki Grove mojito comes with a sugar cane swizzel. Because you can never have too much sugar.
It's hard to improve on a classic, but Nikki Beach is giving it a shot: Its Fresh Sugar Cane Mojito adds a sugar cane slice for nibbling -- so much tastier than a plastic swizzle.
Muddle 6 mint leaves, 4 lime twists and 1 tablespoon sugar in a cocktail shaker.
Add ice and 1½ ounces of Bacardi Limón rum; shake well.
Top with club soda.
Pour into a tall, ice-filled glass and garnish with a sugar cane slice,
lime wedges and mint leaves.
The Fresh Sugar Cane Mojito is $11 at Nikki Coconut Grove, 2889 McFarlane Rd. (305-476-3600); Nikki South Beach, 1 Ocean Dr. (305-538-1111) and Nikki Marina, 3660 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood (954-602-8750).
Try it out with Miami.com: Join Miami.com 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, May 8, for a free mojito tasting bar and
discount Fresh Sugar Cane Mojitos at Nikki Coconut Grove
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews