Clink: Florida Room cocktails
Kick it classy old school with these vintage cocktails.
By Aurora Rodriguez
There's a reason the beautiful people don't mind shelling out big bucks for drinks at The Florida Room. The Delano Hotel hot spot is "styled after a Cuban speakeasy, and the menu also reflects that," says manager and mixologist Angelo Viera. "The focus is on a lot of rum cocktails and vintage Cuban classics."
Not on the list? Taste the glamour at home with these recipes.
Crush eight raspberries into the bottom of a martini shaker. Add ¾ ounces lime juice, 1.5 ounces of 42 Below Passion Fruit Vodka, a pinch of white pepper and 1 ounce of raspberry preserve into the shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a chilled martini glass, top with framboise beer and white peppercorn and garnish with a raspberry skewer.
Put ¾ ounces of fresh pressed lemon juice, ¾ ounces of simple syrup, ¾ ounces of egg whites and 1.5 ounces of Pisco into a shaker. Shake dry, then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled sour glass and garnish with five drops of angostura bitters.
The Florida Room Champagne
Put ½ ounce of vanilla-infused vodka, ½ ounce vanilla vodka and ½ ounce of vanilla simple syrup and a bar spoonful of hibiscus syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a champagne flute and top with Moet and Chandon champagne. Garnish with a hibiscus flower.
FYI: Drinks are $16-$22 at The Florida Room in the Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Find out how to get a free cocktail at La Moderna this week only
- SUSHISAMBA launches new Saketober-fest menu with a World Sake Day celebration October 1st
- Piripi presents Bourbon & Bites
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Bombay Sapphire Gin and Dinner Lab host 2nd Miami Dinner Saturday, September 19
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail