Clink: Florida Room cocktails
Kick it classy old school with these vintage cocktails.
By Aurora Rodriguez
There's a reason the beautiful people don't mind shelling out big bucks for drinks at The Florida Room. The Delano Hotel hot spot is "styled after a Cuban speakeasy, and the menu also reflects that," says manager and mixologist Angelo Viera. "The focus is on a lot of rum cocktails and vintage Cuban classics."
Not on the list? Taste the glamour at home with these recipes.
Crush eight raspberries into the bottom of a martini shaker. Add ¾ ounces lime juice, 1.5 ounces of 42 Below Passion Fruit Vodka, a pinch of white pepper and 1 ounce of raspberry preserve into the shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a chilled martini glass, top with framboise beer and white peppercorn and garnish with a raspberry skewer.
Put ¾ ounces of fresh pressed lemon juice, ¾ ounces of simple syrup, ¾ ounces of egg whites and 1.5 ounces of Pisco into a shaker. Shake dry, then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled sour glass and garnish with five drops of angostura bitters.
The Florida Room Champagne
Put ½ ounce of vanilla-infused vodka, ½ ounce vanilla vodka and ½ ounce of vanilla simple syrup and a bar spoonful of hibiscus syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a champagne flute and top with Moet and Chandon champagne. Garnish with a hibiscus flower.
FYI: Drinks are $16-$22 at The Florida Room in the Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach