Clink: Florida Room cocktails
Kick it classy old school with these vintage cocktails.
By Aurora Rodriguez
There's a reason the beautiful people don't mind shelling out big bucks for drinks at The Florida Room. The Delano Hotel hot spot is "styled after a Cuban speakeasy, and the menu also reflects that," says manager and mixologist Angelo Viera. "The focus is on a lot of rum cocktails and vintage Cuban classics."
Not on the list? Taste the glamour at home with these recipes.
Crush eight raspberries into the bottom of a martini shaker. Add ¾ ounces lime juice, 1.5 ounces of 42 Below Passion Fruit Vodka, a pinch of white pepper and 1 ounce of raspberry preserve into the shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a chilled martini glass, top with framboise beer and white peppercorn and garnish with a raspberry skewer.
Put ¾ ounces of fresh pressed lemon juice, ¾ ounces of simple syrup, ¾ ounces of egg whites and 1.5 ounces of Pisco into a shaker. Shake dry, then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled sour glass and garnish with five drops of angostura bitters.
The Florida Room Champagne
Put ½ ounce of vanilla-infused vodka, ½ ounce vanilla vodka and ½ ounce of vanilla simple syrup and a bar spoonful of hibiscus syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a champagne flute and top with Moet and Chandon champagne. Garnish with a hibiscus flower.
FYI: Drinks are $16-$22 at The Florida Room in the Delano, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews