Clink: D's Cilantro Martini
Cilantro is the new mint leaf. (Or so says Andu bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra.)
By Jaweed Kaleem
At Andú Restaurant & Lounge in Brickell, they're forgoing the muddled mint found in countless cocktails for snappy cilantro.
D's Cilantro Martini, named for creator and bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra, is "not your ordinary martini," he says. "It's very light and has a slight spicy taste."
Muddle a handful of fresh cilantro with 1/2 ounce lime juice.
In a cocktail shaker, combine it with ice, 2 1/2 ounces aloe vera juice, 3 ounces citrus-flavored vodka (e.g., Absolut Citron) and a splash of white cranberry or pineapple juice.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
The drink is $12 -- or $6 during the 4-7 p.m. weekday happy hour -- at Andú. Another special: free sangria at the bar for female customers 3-10 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Go Drink This: Coquito
- Handcrafted Holiday Martinis: Give the Gift of Elegance at Home
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Go Drink This: Pumpkin Rum Old Fashioned
- Brickell Rum Fest returns with tastings and live music