Clink: D's Cilantro Martini
Cilantro is the new mint leaf. (Or so says Andu bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra.)
By Jaweed Kaleem
At Andú Restaurant & Lounge in Brickell, they're forgoing the muddled mint found in countless cocktails for snappy cilantro.
D's Cilantro Martini, named for creator and bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra, is "not your ordinary martini," he says. "It's very light and has a slight spicy taste."
Muddle a handful of fresh cilantro with 1/2 ounce lime juice.
In a cocktail shaker, combine it with ice, 2 1/2 ounces aloe vera juice, 3 ounces citrus-flavored vodka (e.g., Absolut Citron) and a splash of white cranberry or pineapple juice.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
The drink is $12 -- or $6 during the 4-7 p.m. weekday happy hour -- at Andú. Another special: free sangria at the bar for female customers 3-10 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Find out how to get a free cocktail at La Moderna this week only
- SUSHISAMBA launches new Saketober-fest menu with a World Sake Day celebration October 1st
- Piripi presents Bourbon & Bites
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Bombay Sapphire Gin and Dinner Lab host 2nd Miami Dinner Saturday, September 19
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail