Clink: D's Cilantro Martini
Cilantro is the new mint leaf. (Or so says Andu bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra.)
By Jaweed Kaleem
At Andú Restaurant & Lounge in Brickell, they're forgoing the muddled mint found in countless cocktails for snappy cilantro.
D's Cilantro Martini, named for creator and bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra, is "not your ordinary martini," he says. "It's very light and has a slight spicy taste."
Muddle a handful of fresh cilantro with 1/2 ounce lime juice.
In a cocktail shaker, combine it with ice, 2 1/2 ounces aloe vera juice, 3 ounces citrus-flavored vodka (e.g., Absolut Citron) and a splash of white cranberry or pineapple juice.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
The drink is $12 -- or $6 during the 4-7 p.m. weekday happy hour -- at Andú. Another special: free sangria at the bar for female customers 3-10 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach