Clink: D's Cilantro Martini
Cilantro is the new mint leaf. (Or so says Andu bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra.)
By Jaweed Kaleem
At Andú Restaurant & Lounge in Brickell, they're forgoing the muddled mint found in countless cocktails for snappy cilantro.
D's Cilantro Martini, named for creator and bar manager Damien Rivadeneyra, is "not your ordinary martini," he says. "It's very light and has a slight spicy taste."
Muddle a handful of fresh cilantro with 1/2 ounce lime juice.
In a cocktail shaker, combine it with ice, 2 1/2 ounces aloe vera juice, 3 ounces citrus-flavored vodka (e.g., Absolut Citron) and a splash of white cranberry or pineapple juice.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
The drink is $12 -- or $6 during the 4-7 p.m. weekday happy hour -- at Andú. Another special: free sangria at the bar for female customers 3-10 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve