Clink: Creeptastic cocktails
Need a little "liquid courage" before heading into Nightmare: Ghost Stories? Sip the fear away with these perfect potions.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Adventurers seeking more tricks than treats this Halloween should dare themselves to visit Wynwood Art District's Nightmare: Ghost Stories. Located inside the 33,000 square feet Soho Studios, the New York-based haunted house offers those brave enough to step inside an eerie time straight out of their wildest - and worst - dreams. For those in need of a little "liquid courage," Bacardi and 42 Below vodka have teamed up to serve deliciously ghoulish cocktails at the space's bar during its run through Nov. 1.
Follow these simple steps to whip up your own scary drinks at home, or try them out at Miami.com's Masquerade Ball at Casa Casuarina Oct. 30th. Dying to get in on the fun? Click here for a chance to score tickets.
Add 1 part 42 Below kiwi flavored vodka, 1/2 part melon liqueur, 2 parts lemonade, 2 parts pineapple juice, 1 part freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 parts lemon lime soda and a dash of green food coloring into a large punch bowl or cauldron. Stir well. Pour into short tumblers filled with ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Muddle 2 lime wedges, 2 lemon wedges, 2 orange wedges and 1/2 ounce grenadine into a martini shaker. Fill with ice. Add 2 ounces of 42 Below honey flavored vodka. Shake vigorously and strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass.
Add 1 1/2 ounces of 42 Below vodka, 1 ounce of blackcurrant liqueur (substitute with Chambord if not available), 1/2 ounce of lemon juice, and 3 ounces of grape juice (substitute with cranberry juice if not available) into an glass filled with ice. Stir and serve.
The cocktails are available at Nightmare: Ghost Stories through Nov. 1.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts